Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Citrus Basil Vinaigrette, Mince Pie, Bourbon Chicken

Got another three recipes....I just wanna get them out my phone so I can get started on the next couple...and make those grocery lists. Unfortunately I have a lot of desserts coming up so the next post might take a bit longer. Then again, I say that and then cook up the next things rather quickly.

There are so many salad dressing recipes in my Vitamix cookbook, I am just now realizing it's going to take forever to get through them.  So I have a lot of salads in my future. Most of the dressings have been better than what you get in the store but I'm also not in love with any of them. This one is my favorite so far....you mostly get a light basil taste and not much orange even with all the orange zest. I made it two days ahead of using it...and I find that best with any of the dressings. They are better after they sit. I like this one. Not sure I would make it again, but I'll enjoy the rest of it. 

Mince Pie

Circling back to the Harry Potter cookbook...I'm cooking through Ch. 5 which is Mrs. Weasley chapter. This is a Christmas recipe..and after I made it, I could see why. It tastes like a crusty, buttery, Christmas Apple pie. Mine came out a little ugly but still very good! I didn't even mind the raisins and cranberries. When I first read the title I thought for sure it was going to be a meat pie...but this Unofficial Harry Potter book does have a lot of dessert recipes. 

Last up, Bourbon Chicken. I found some Bourbon on my wine rack and started thinking about what I could do with it. Back in the day I loved mall Bourbon Chicken. They were giving out samples one time  and it was so amazing, I wanted it every time I went to the mall. I looked up a few recipes and then free styled it. Mine was a saucy Bourbon chicken and it was BOMB. I hope I can re-create it because I think that's what I am gonna make this weekend.  

And that's all for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment