Wednesday, October 16, 2024

L'occitane Osmanthus Perfumed Soap Review

 

 Osmanthus- otherwise known as Devilwood (much more interesting name!) . I don't know much about Osmanthus- except I do remember I had a soap that had it from Lush...and it was very expensive so I figured the oil was expensive. I had a few essential oils with it...also tried out a sample of the Acqua Di Parma scent. Even after using the soap I have no idea what Osmanthus smells like. Except very pretty, and very floral. 


L'occitane claims:

Envelop skin in the elegant, serene aroma of Osmanthus as you cleanse with this solid soap. Crafted with coconut oil, sunflower oil and 99% readily-biodegradable ingredients¹, this formula is a treat for you and the environment.

 

Inspired by the light of the moon, delight in notes of osmanthus, velvety apricot, green freshness and creamy wood.

¹Based on OECD guidelines.



I bought this soap as an Amazon add on. I didn't know Amazon sold L'occitane. And from actual Amazon and not a random 3rd part seller. The only thing was this soap seemed a little more banged up than usual.  I want to try all of the bar soaps they have...and have tried about three so far. This makes four.

It does seem to be the same base soap as the other bars- so lotsa bubbly and rich thick later that rinses clean and doesn't dry my skin at all. 

What's special about it is the scent. It only comes in a tiny size. So 1.5 ounces. It's smaller than the travel sizes from the regular line. I knew it was going to be small, I kinda thought it was a sampler size and you could buy a bigger soap if you wanted but it doesn't come in a larger size. But back to the scent- it's great! Amazing for the low low price of $6.50 until you remember how small it is.

I can't really describe it except to say it smells very floral and very pretty. And just strong enough. I really like the way it smells- the quality of the scent reminds me of a soap you might get from Dior. It even sticks around a bit after you rinse off which is also impressive. 

The ingredients are ok. No palm oil so if you like bar soaps but want to avoid palm oil this could be a good option.

Ingredients:

HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL - COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL - PALMITIC ACID - STEARIC ACID - SODIUM HYDROXIDE - AQUA/WATER - PARFUM/FRAGRANCE - OSMANTHUS FRAGRANS FLOWER EXTRACT - SODIUM CHLORIDE - CITRIC ACID - TETRASODIUM GLUTAMATE DIACETATE - CITRONELLOL - ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE - LIMONENE - CI 77492/IRON OXIDES 

Overall, I think the quality of the soap is great. I think the price is OK too for the scent if you are comparing it to other luxury soaps. But then again if you are just looking at the price vs the size...it can seem overpriced. It really just depends on how you look at it. I kinda think it's a bargain. I do like the scent- not sure I would buy again to use in the shower. But I might buy repurchase to use as a hand soap....

No comments:

Post a Comment