Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Acqua Di Parma Osmanthus Eau De Parfum Review

 I just looked up the price of this perfume and it's expensive. A 20 ml bottle will run you 104.00 Euro. I won't even look at the prices of the larger bottles but  I'm so glad I have a little sampler...this one is a nice one but I don't think I would buy it myself. 

Acqua Di Parma claims:

The noble and powerful fragrance of the Osmanthus flower meets bright, citrus notes in this intense and lively fragrance.

Osmanthus is a sun-shaped interpretation of the deep and sensual notes of the eponymous flower. The intense and lively fragrance combines the richness of the Osmanthus flower with green mandarin and neroli oil. An artistic combination that will take you to the forest landscape of Southeast Asia, where this rare flower with its memorable and rich fragrance can be found.

Floral fruity top note:
Reasons tangerine, neroli oil

Heart note:
Peony, pink pepper, ambrette

Base note:
Osmanthus, Patchouli

Made in Italy 



This is a floral and so very different than most of the other fragrances that Acqua carries. I did a little reading and learned that the Osmanthus originates in China and most of the flowers grown for perfumery originate there. I wish I could smell the fresh flowers as I have no idea what Osmanthus really smells like...I do know it's been in a few products I have tried over the years though. Most recently in the Molton Brown Jasmine and Sun Rose shower gel, I still can't pinpoint what it must smell like though. 

For some reason it reminds me of the Jo Malone Peony and Blushed Suede scent (I have the candle). It just has a very precise, disinct floral scent. I'm not sure those are the words I am looking for. But it's just very pretty and floral smelling. It catches me by surprise because the scent is so precisely floral. It doesn't smell like a chemical recreation or cheap at all. It smells like an expensive bouquet while still being perfume-like. 

I'm really surprised to see that it has patchouli in it. I don't really smell it at all. I think I know what Peonies smell like now and I'm not surprised to see it here. And it has some citrus which I'm a little surprised about because I also can't say I smell it.

This one is much stronger and each spray packs a bigger punch than the Eua De Toilette scent samples from the same brand. I definitely enjoy the perfume formulation more. This one does last quite awhile but as a skin scent mostly. It develops well for about three hours and then calms down and becomes a more gentle floral.  I don't feel like it projects on me. 

I don't really feel like it's a super unique scent and it also reminds me Miss Dior and other popular scents for women. It is a newer scent and came out in 2019 which isn't surpassing either.

It does say it's unisex but I think it's way more feminine smelling. I think that's why I enjoy it so much more than the truly unisex or more masculine scents from the brand. 

Overall, I like it. But not enough to purchase it at that price. But I do like it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment