Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Malin and Goetz Rum Bar Soap Review


 Have you noticed that boozy scents are really getting popular? You can find Whiskey, Rum, or Bourbon notes in just about everything- candles/home fragrance, perfumes, etc. I haven't tried a lot of stuff with notes of liquor so it's still something I'm exploring...so far I don't think it's my thing but I was intrigued by this "Rum" soap.

Malin and Goetz claims:

our triple-milled foaming cleansing bar is infused with our signature dark rum scent and gently yet effectively purifies all skin types, including sensitive. rinses residue-free and without drying or stripping. natural color.

Made in USA

I try to balance out all my plastic bottle shower gel purchases with bars of soap. It helps me feel better and slightly reduce my plastic waste. And every little bit helps. This is one that I didn't get on sale and I paid the full $16. I feel it's kinda overpriced and a better price would be $12 or even $10. It actually reminds me of a few other bars (Capri Blue and Kopari bars)  and I wonder if they are manufactured in the same place. 

Anyway, I've never smelled any of the Malin scents but they seem to be well loved and I've heard great reviews of the candles. I'll definitely need to pick one up one day. But back to soap. I really like the scent-especially in the paper but it doesn't smell so special in the shower. It smells good, it's pleasant, it's nice. But not something I would buy again or think is a must try. Oddly enough it does remind me of rum. It has a sort of fruitiness to it. It doesn't smell achohol like otherwise. It's like a Rum scent done in a sophisticated way. 

It's also very unisex. I don't feel it leans to masculine and I can easily use it everyday without wishing for something more fruity, floral, or feminine. 

The scent itself is not strong and doesn't linger in the bathroom. I don't even think it lingers on my skin that I've noticed.

It does lather super well though, rinses clean, and does not dry my skin out. 

Ingredients:

ingredients: sodium palmate, sodium palm kernelate, water/aqua/eau, glycerin, fragrance (parfum), coconut acid, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta.

The ingredients are surprisingly simple and basic. 

Overall, it's not bad. Not something I can see me repurchasing  but I wouldn't mind trying other stuff in the Rum range. Especially the candle.

No comments:

Post a Comment