Monday, August 21, 2023

Miss Dior Eau De Parfum Review

Quick review before I go to sleep...this time Miss Dior. I had a perfume sample of this a couple of months ago and liked it enough that I wanted to buy it. That and it's on a list of most popular vintage perfumes and I am on a mission to try them all in the next couple of years. 

Miss Dior:

Miss Dior Eau de Parfum (2021) by Dior is a Amber Floral fragrance for women. Miss Dior Eau de Parfum (2021) was launched in 2021. The nose behind this fragrance is François Demachy. Top notes are Iris, Peony and Lily-of-the-Valley; middle notes are Apricot, Rose and Peach; base notes are Vanilla, Musk, Tonka Bean, Benzoin and Sandalwood.

I believe this is my very first Dior perfume. I've always wanted to try J'adore but just haven't gotten around to it. Miss Dior (the original) was released in 1947 and said to be inspired by a woman named Catherine Dior. It was a floral chypre with notes of leather, galbanum,  mandarin, gardenia, bergamot, jasmine, narcissus, neroli, rose, patchouli, oak, and sandalwood. 



In 2011 Miss Dior changed.A major change. And it's been changing every five years since. I will probably never know what the original smelled like. Or even any of the past versions. The one I have now is the 2021 version. I do wish I could smell that very first version but then again- I don't think I would actually have liked it. It's very rare that I lLOVE a vintage fragrance. 




Natalie Portman is the current face of the fragrance. 

I'll start off with the fragrance. It's a nice, inoffensive perfume that will please most people. I think that makes it good as an everyday scent. It smells a lot like so many other things on the market. It really doesn't smell very unique to me. It reminds me of so many other perfume samples I've tried, even those don't stand out enough to remember. I also found in the beginning of wearing it I really couldn't smell it. As I got further down the bottle (and really layer spraying) it lasts a lot longer and projects more. It really is a good everyday scent....and also a bit overpriced. At least for the size I got. The 30 ml bottle has a retail price of 87 Euro here, although I waited and got it on sale for 61. Even that was too much.I probably should have just picked up the ounce size but I like a smaller size so I can move on and try something different without a lifetime commitment.

I like the bottle. The bow has not separated from the bottle liked so many of my other fragrances. It's a generic square shape but even so, I have no other perfume shaped exactly like it. . It's a cute little bottle though and I am happy to go ahead and add it to my ever collection.

Overall, I think it's a good everyday fragrance- just overpriced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment