Friday, October 4, 2024

OPI Russian Navy Nail Polish Review

I just finished making Cajeta- Goat Milk Caramel- and it so good. I also made a mini batch of banana bread...so I dumped the caramel on top of the banana bread. AMAZING!  I am planning on making a choco-flan cake with it later on...so hopefully I don't use it all up before I get to making the actual cake.

But back to nails. I'm so proud of myself because I have actually been steady with reviewing my colors...the next review might not be for a couple more weeks though. 

OPI claims:

Treat your nails to a beautiful manicure the color of the deep blue sea with OPI Russian Navy.


Almost all of my OPI colors are discontinued now- but that won't stop me from reviewing them. I can't find any information on when they got rid of this color but when I bought it, it was a permanent color. It looked so pretty and complex in the bottle- a deep blue with a pink/purple/burgundy glimmer to it. 

I thought it was going to be different than all the other deep blues I had...but I don't think it was different enough to warrant buying this one. Especially because this doesn't look anywhere near as complex on the nails as it does in the bottle. It's just a very deep, navy blue that looks quite blackened unless you are in direct sunlight. It doesn't feel special. But it does photograph nicely.

Wear time is ok. Really dependent on what top coat I use...my nails don't hold nail polish the best though so three days of it looking decent is what I would get with a great top coat. I am also hard on my nails- I do dishes without gloves, clean etc. 

It is a bit on the thicker side and take longer to dry....I need to remember to use a dry drops when I use this one. I don't know if it's because mine is older now...could be.

I do like it as a pedi color. I could almost wear it the rest of fall and winter and be content- of course I will switch it up though because I like to give all my colors love.

It comes in your classic OPI bottle. I think they have had the same bottle shape since the 80's. I love that they haven't changed it. It's like the definitive nail polish bottle. 

I also love the OPI brush. The wide brush just makes it so much easier to polish...and get a better cuticle line. Although this picture could look better- I polished in the dark basically. 

Overall, I'm not mad it was discontinued. It's a nice color but nothing that's irreplaceable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment