Sunday, October 6, 2024

Kendra Scott Mother of Pearl Candle Review

 I'm in denial about it but it's definitely fall weather....I wish it was still summer. I'm not ready for fall. But I guess at least it's candle weather....I can pull out all the candles I put away for the summer and give them the burns they deserve.

Kendra Scott claims:

Like the soft morning light on a garden, this fragrance is a dewy blend of gardenia and pear, with grounding notes of vanilla and white woods. Place this refreshing 8 oz tumbler in your bathroom, bedroom, or foyer.

I haven't heard of the Kendra Scott brand but I guess she is really popular for fashion jewelry. I was a little hesitant to buy the candle because there isn't a lot about them online- but I saw one review that said it was good so I just went ahead with it.

It's actually a really nice quality candle. The glass jar is substantial, it's heavy and feels very nice.  Definitely makes me think of a luxury candle. I think I bought mine for thirty something dollars but list price is over $40.  It might keep the candle jar and repurpose it because it's so nice. 

Would make a great gift candle based on the packaging/jar alone.

I did read the scent notes on this one before I added it to my cart- and was excited to see gardenia and pear are the main notes. I'm familiar with those notes and have recently had a candle that was mainly gardenia and pear. But I was not ready for this to be a straight up dupe of the Sheila Bridges x L'or De Seraphine Morning Side Park candle.  That was a limited edition candle so you really can't get it anymore. Also the brand seems to have disappeared. But if you loved that limited edition candle- this smells exactly like it. The throw is slightly stronger on this one too- I think because it's bigger? 




But yep...lot of gardenia. And lots of pear. With some other stuff in the background that I really wouldn't be able to tell you what they were. Gardenia is definitely a mature floral. I would only recommend it to those that appreciate the scent of gardenia. I enjoy it....I think I'll probably like it even more when I am ten years older though. 

I do like that it doesn't smell artificial. It's also not too strongly floral to where it induces a headache. It's a really nice daytime scent.

Although it's a lovely scent...I'm kinda a little tired of it because I didn't expect it to smell almost exactly like the other candle. I thought I was getting another take on gardenia and pear...

It is supposed to be a soy blend candle. Not sure what's it's blended with. It does burn down cleanly as long as you stay on top of trimming the wick. It also seems to have a long burn time. I have let it go and go during the day....and I still have quite a bit left. 

If you like gardenia and pear, I would recommend this candle. I wish the store I ordered from carried them more regularly....they will stock them and they seem to sell right out and I can see why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment