Monday, October 7, 2024

Slip Back to Basic Dark Brown Midi/Large Scrunchie Set

 Quick review today...cause I have the Monday Blues. But I do want to get this review out the way because I feel like I have a lot I want to do....and hopefully I keep sticking to them. I've wanted scrunchies for a while, ever since I realized a lot of curly girls pineapple their hair and then wear a bonnet to preserves their curls. 

Slip claims:

MEET YOUR MATCH WITH BACK TO BASICS.

SLIPSILK™ SCRUNCHIES DESIGNED FOR YOUR HAIR SHADE.
DESIGNED TO BE ANTI CREASE, ANTI BREAKAGE. 

Traditional hair ties can tug on delicate hair which can lead to damage and breakage. Slip® scrunchies are made with slipsilk™, the same silk used in the award-winning slip® pure silk pillowcase.

This set includes: 2 x dark brown slipsilk™ midi scrunchies and 1 x dark brown slipsilk™ large scrunchie.

Made with slipsilk™ to be gentle on your delicate hair | 100% silk (exclusive of elastic).

made in China

I don't have the type of curls that I thought would work with that (my hair is more coily/kinky) --- so I bought these thinking I would use them on the very rare occasions that I straighten my hair. I was using an elastic at night and feared a bump-although I didn't really get any. I still wanted a scrunchie though. I picked up some drugstore cheapies and but I always ended up putting them back before I checked out. I do that a lot when I'm shopping...I just take things for a walk around the store and then put them back. 

I'm not sure when I realized they made silk scrunchies. One of the things I was worried about is other materials  drying out my hair. Silk is said to not dry out your hair though. And my hair needs to retain all the moisture it can. Especially when I have it straightened- but then again I do use foam rollers when my hair is straight and those do dry out my ends for sure.

But back to the silk scrunchie. This set looked best to me. All I had to do was pick a color. And they have some boring color selection. I guess the colors are supposed to match your hair...I bought the dark brown and wish I got the black. I also wish they carried brighter more fun colors. I don't like this shade of brown because it's more yellow based brown. I was hoping for a more red brown. 

But it's OK. I only wear this to sleep and with a bonnet on top. No one is seeing it. I have used them a few times...and no dried out hair. I have noticed one of them is a bit more stretched out than the other....but so far still looks and works well.  The silk is nice and silky and has no rough edges that snag and pull the hair out. 

They do what I need them to do. The only thing I didn't like was the price. They are expensive. You can definitely find small business owners that make these by hand...so I'm not sure I would repurchase this exact brand again. But I am happy with my purchase.

Check out my hair in the picture below...this is after two nights sleeping on my hair which was a twist out. I just "pineapple" my hair. Not as high though. Then throw a bonnet on. And my twist out has lasted up to TEN DAYS...which was pushing it for me. No re-twisting whatsoever. That has never happened to me before. I don't think a silk scrunchie is necessary but I also don't think I would ever be without them again.


No comments:

Post a Comment