Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Shower Gel/Soap Haul: Lush, Mistral, L'occitane, Zum

 I just finished watching a video about vintage press on nails and it took me back. When I was young- I was obsessed with nails- there was nothing I wanted more than long nails. I had no way to get them so I spent a lot of my allowance on press on nails, gel nail kits, and acrylic nails kits. I was i the 6th grade trying to do my own acrylics. They never came out great- but I think if I had things like youtube back then it may have worked out better. What's crazy is that I never actually did salon extensions on my nails as an adult. And I still don't think I ever will. But I do have the itch to buy some press ons. Just for old times sake. Maybe I will.

In the meantime, I've been buying more soap. I am always buying more soap.I thought I had a lot with the last haul but I am almost completely through that...I only have two bars left. And one of those is a facial soap...so down to the last one really. 

But here's what I have now.

Somehow I ended up on the Lush website...found out they bought back some of the old gels I never got to try...and now I want to try them all! I started off with three. 

Lush Posh Chocolate- I wasn't sure about this shower gel- does chocolate really translate well into a shower gel? Bought this to find out. I haven't tried it yet but my first thought when I gave it a sniff is that it smells like a tootsie roll. 

Lush Good Karma...Everybody Needs Some- This has been on my wishlist for awhile...I love the the Karma scent from Lush. It's AMAZING. So glad I finally picked up...and can't wait to use this one.

Lush Grass- I bought the baby bottle in Grass because I just wasn't sure if I would like it. And it smells nice actually. I think I might regret getting the baby bottle...but I'll hold off judgment until I use it. 
Zum Amber Lime Goat Milk Soap - It's been years since I have bought any soaps from Zum. They have some really nice ones and most are scented with essential oils. This is such an interesting combo...it's just smells really good. I bought this one while I was in the states. This brand is so much more widely available in US stores which is good to see. 

L'occitane Osmanthus and Cherry Blossom Soap- I bought these off Amazon. I didn't know they carried the baby soaps. Sometimes I get these when I need to get an add-on to avoid shipping costs. I can't tell what Osmanthus smells like because the paper has taken on the smell but my storage container. But I think I'll be using and reviewing it next.  Cherry Blossom smells much the same...but I should be posting a review before the end of year.

Mistral Rose Poivree Soap- I needed an add on for my order from Anthropologie so that's how I ended with this one. I still want a nice rose scented soap- maybe I should buy another bottle of Lush Rose Jam and call it a day. This has a nice powdery rose scent- not sure it's what I'm looking for but I'll give it a try anyway.

And that's all....not that bad actually. It will likely be all be gone in 6 months (maybe less) and I'll be hauling more.

No comments:

Post a Comment