Thursday, October 10, 2024

Butter London Melt Away Cuticle Remover Review

I was going to do this post yesterday but I ended up falling asleep. Which almost never happens, I think because I was hyper fixated on watching/listening to stuff about the Hurricane. Truly horrific...the US can't catch a break right now. Sending all my prayers to the people of Florida. I can't imagine the panic they must have felt- especially when you hear of people trying to leave and getting stuck because gas stations ran out of gas etc. 

It seems off to talk about this and go on to a review of something so trivial but...my writing posts is stress relief for me. So here we go...

Butter London claims: 

Gently remove dry, overgrown cuticles in minutes

The Irish Moss-infused formula helps soften the look of cuticles, making it easier to push back cuticles.

Made in USA

I usually keep a cuticle remover to use on my nails...pushing back or melting away overgrown cuticles makes your nail polish look so much better. I didn't always take care of my cuticles and can tell the difference when I do my nails. Lately I have been keeping on top of it...especially for a pedicure.

This is definitely pricey for a cuticle remover....but I bought this in a set that came with a glass file and a glass cuticle pusher- so although this was pricey and I did get the mini bottle- the price was better. The usual bottle is .4 ounces with the price being $18.00. 

I can tell you I don't think it's worth it. It doesn't do anything that the much more cost effective Sally Hansen doesn't do. 

I even like the packaging better on the Sally one. I do like that this comes in glass packaging- it still does have a plastic lid though. But for ease of application the squeeze bottle is just easier to use rather than trying to load up the brush this comes with and then brush on. 

I do like that this seems a bit thicker though, it stays where you put it.

It doesn't have a scent unless you intentionally smell it...and then it smells awful. If you don't smell it, it probably won't bother you though. 

Otherwise it does help you scrape up the cuticle off the nails which makes your nails look better and polish last longer. I have mostly been using it for DIY pedicures- I'm not sure this is gentle enough on my nails since I've had more splitting and peeling but it could be something else. 

Ingredients:

Water (Aqua/Eau), Butylene Glycol, Potassium Hydroxide, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Isopropyl Myristate, Laureth-7.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this again....but glad I tried it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment