Friday, October 11, 2024

Selena

 


Made it to the three day weekend! Thank goodness, I have been impatiently waiting for a three day for the past month. Starting the weekend off with a music post- Selena! Queen of Tejano music. I may or may not have been living in Texas at the time she died, not really sure. Somehow the entire time I lived in Texas I hadn't really heard of Selena. Until I was over a friends house in the 5th or 6th grade (years later)  and she had us watching the movie. I had no idea she was murdered at the end so I was floored. So shocking and sad--- her life was cut off way too soon. 

I love her music though and wish she would have had the opportunity to really cross over- although I love her Spanish songs so much more. 

These are my faves....

I always thought Bidi Bidi Bom Bom was one of the stand out songs from the movie. I couldn't watch the movie on demand but I remembered this song very clearly after only one viewing. She had the best outfits and so much stage presence! 


I love this song...I really don't know what she is saying and can probably look it up. I just love it though..and she did her thing on the live version. Love how she serves the red lips too. MAC did a lipstick collection for her years ago...and I almost regret not picking up one of the colors- I truly didn't need more lipstick though. I think I read somewhere that she used to wear Chanel Brick? Idk how true that is or even if they still make the shade.




Next up Techno Cumbia.....this one looks like it would have been so fun to be in the audience for. Actually  this whole concert of her in the purple outfit looks lit. 


She really sang with so much emotion...I think that's why I enjoy her Spanish songs so much more. For some reason her voice didn't have the depth/range when she sang in English. 



And last song on the Selena playlist- La Carcacha. Her style is so iconic! 


An icon that was  truly gone way too soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment