Dove has really been collaborating and branching out to make scents/soaps that I never thought they would. Earlier this year they had a Bridgerton collection that I would have loved to try but it was only available at Target and I think we are still boycotting Target.
Dove claims:
Looking for a cleansing bar that removes 99% of bacteria while moisturizing your skin? Dove Care & Protect Antibacterial Beauty Bar combines a nourishing formula with antibacterial properties, protecting from skin dryness. This essential cleansing bar gives you the antibacterial clean you want with the moisturization you love and is more moisturizing than ordinary soap. in a 20-second wash test vs. E. coli Enriched with the Dove signature 1/4 moisturizing cream, this moisturizing antibacterial bar deeply cleanses, leaving you with soft and smooth skin. This moisturizing bar is designed to remove 99% of bacteria and protect the skin from dryness, giving you clean and soft skin after every use. in a 20-second wash test vs. E. coli To get the most out of your cleansing bar, start by rinsing your hands under warm water. Rub the bar between your hands to create a lather. Massage the creamy, rich lather across your body and hands before rinsing with warm water. Bathroom looking cluttered with skin care products? Dove Care & Protect Beauty Bar can be used on your body, face and hands, so you only need one staple in your bathroom cabinet to fit all your cleansing needs. Globally, Dove does not test on animals and is certified by PETA, going further to care for all.
- Beauty Bar, Antibacterial
- New. No. 1 dermatologist recommended.
- Protects skin from dryness. Removes 99% of bacteria (In a clinical wash test vs. E. coli).
- 1/4 moisturizing cream.
- The Dove Difference: Our antibacterial formula has 1/4 moisturizing cream and cleans away 99% of bacteria (In a clinical wash test vs. E. coli) while protecting your skin from dryness.
I would have never thought that Dove of all brands would come out with an anti-bacterial soap. They are largely needed and mostly unhealthy. All you really need is regular soap which is antibacterial enough. But I figured I would try it anyway.
I believe the main ingredient in antibacterial soaps years ago was triclosan but that has since been banned so I guess they have a new active ingredient in anti-bacterial soaps. As far as I can see it is generally considered safe in small amounts..but who really knows. We never really find out until years later if something is bad for us. But that may not be the case with this.
When I first opened it, I thought the scent was really good but as I've used it...it's not that great. It kinda smells like a clean, newly grouted bathroom. A few times it's also smelled a bit odd- it almost reminded me of the underlying scent of the Nudy Rudy bars.
It's a beauty bar and not a soap. I don't find the lathering and bubbles to be as good as other bars of soap. It's OK. As far as feeling clean- I find some of the Dove bars are pretty nice but I didn't think this was that great. I didn't really feel as clean as with some other bar soaps.
Packaging is fine- I always prefer a bar soap to save the world a little bit of plastic. It comes in a box wrapped in plastic- still a lot less plastic than if you buy the liquid version though.
I've noticed Dove bars are so much smaller than they used to be a couple years ago. So this bar is definitely on the smaller side but it is a very pretty color.
I don't notice a lot of reviews or talk about this bar- except a few that look like ads because they all talked about Ivory and the videos really seemed to follow a format.
The ingredients are typical for Dove. A few years back they used to use animal tallow in the bars- these days they are animal tallow free. I think I prefer the old version- simply because they were cheaper- with the reformulation Dove has really jumped in price and I don't really find it to be worth it most of the time.
Ingredients:
Active Ingredient: Benzalkonium Chloride
Inactive ingredients: Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Oleate, Sodium Stearate, Water (Aqua), Sodium Isethionate, Lauric Acid, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Sodium Laurate, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).
Overall there are other versions of the Dove bar that I think are better. Not something I would ever buy again.
No comments:
Post a Comment