The heat has become unbearable yet again. This is the type of weather where it is really hard to do anything...and so I pretty much haven't been doing much of anything. Except I did cook today...dinner and now dessert in baking in the oven but I really, really had to talk myself into it.
In the meantime...a lip treatment glossy lip oil review.
LYS:
An irresistible, high-shine lip treatment oil that replenishes lips with vital moisture for all day hydration.
- Sunflower, Carrot, Sweet Almond & Macadamia Nut Oil | Nourishing blend that helps hydrate and condition lips
- Cold-Pressed Chia Seed Oil | Deeply hydrates and volumizes the look of lips
- Vitamin E | Provides antioxidant benefits for visibly nourished lips
made in taiwan
This is my first product from the brand LYS. I don't know much about the brand- it is supposed to be black owned but then i'e also briefly read it's not really. I'm not sure but a part of the reason I bought it was because it's supposed to be.
Lip Oils were also something that were all the rage awhile back-and to be honest they have never appealed to me. Why would I want oil on my lips? It isn't really going to moisturize the lips and will probably look greasy and slide right off. So I didn't really have any high hopes for the product.
And I should have trusted my instincts on that. I don't like this lip treatment/oil/ grease at all.
It just feels so thick on the lips and doesn't feel hydrating at all. It has a hint of mint that has mostly faded since I've had the tube so long.
It does have a bit of a glossy look. I don't really care for a glossy lip in my 'treatment' balms though so it's not really a plus for me.
I think I'm just old school and much prefer a lip balm.
The packaging is nice though. It is your regular tube with an opening in it. The lid completely stops the product from coming out because it has its own stopper in it which is nice. And it comes with a ton. It has lasted me for a very long time. But that's mostly because I don't like it so I prefer not to use it. Then I lose it, then I find it. I kinda wish I had lost it permanently so I don't feel obligated to use it.
I've also tried to use it as your would a MAC lipglass- just to make a lipstick looks glossy and I don't recommend it. It feels so thick and then becomes goopy and makes your lips stick to each other. It's really not pleasant.
Ingredients aren't my favorite. I didn't read the list before I bought it and was expecting something a bit more natural based on the advertised oils.
ingredients:
POLYBUTENE, OCTYLDODECANOL, TRIDECYL TRIMELLITATE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, SILICA SILYLATE, ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE, SYNTHETIC WAX, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) ROOT EXTRACT, BETA-CAROTENE, TOCOPHEROL, SALVIA HISPANICA (CHIA) SEED OIL, MACADAMIA TERNIFOLIA SEED OIL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS HYBRID (HIGH OLEIC SUNFLOWER) OIL, PHENOXYETHANOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VITAMIN E) , FLAVOR (AROMA), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985).
Overall, I really don't like it. I was hoping to change my mind on lip oils and this definitely did not do that. Maybe I should try a more popular one before completely writing them off but that won't be anytime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment