Monday, August 17, 2026

Polenta with Herbed Mushrooms and Mixed Berry Crisp

 Already that time for another food post. Really I should be heading to the grocery store...I've needed to go grocery shopping since last week really and have put it off and opted for an early naps instead....

But I have managed to make two new things. Starting with polenta with mushrooms. This was...OK. I don't think polenta is my favorite thing and I"m also not really a fan of mushrooms. I would really have rather eaten anything else for dinner. But it was heathy and filling and easy to make. Wouldn't make it again though. I made chicken to go along with it because protein.


I feel like I haven't made a dessert in forever so I was really happy to see this pop up. I've made many crisps/crumbles over the years and this is without a doubt my favorite! Per the recipe it's supposed to be strawberry rhubarb- but I made a Rhubarb Crumble last year and didn't really like it so I skipped. Plus I had some frozen fruit/berries in the freezer I wanted to use. It was a mix of blueberries/ blackberries/raspberries/strawberries and it made the BEST filling I have ever made. Also the crumble/crisp on top was good and plentiful. So the fruit to crumble ratio was perfect. This will probably be my go to.  I think this will probably be my go to and I would 200% make this again. I almost want to  make this and mix it into an ice cream. Might do it once I clean out the freezer.



And that's all for now for this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment