Sunday, August 30, 2026

Oars + Alps Oars Blue Charcoal Bar Soap Review


This is a men's brand....with an interesting creation story. The origin of most men's brands are from men creators- this one is different in that the creator is a wife who was tired of her husband stealing her products so she decided to create a whole line for him. I get it, products are expensive and I myself would definitely rather not share my good stuff. 

Oars and Alps claims:

Our exfoliating Oars Bar is designed to give your skin a deeper clean.

Volcanic Sand gently buffs away dead skin cells, while Activated Charcoal binds to dirt and sweat to help keep your skin clear and breakout-free. This exfoliating bar soap is made with Blue Green Algae and Witch Hazel Extract to balance the skin and reduce excess oil. 

  1. Our exfoliating Oars Bar is for guys looking for a deeper clean. Activated Charcoal binds to dirt and sweat to keep your pores clear. Blue-Green Algae Extract and Volcanic Sand exfoliate dead skin cells and bacteria that can lead to pimples and breakouts on the body. Good-bye backne.
  2. Due to the ingredients used in this charcoal soap bar, there is some variation in the size of the exfoliators. Please use caution.
  3. Witch Hazel Extract reduces excess oil on your skin.
  4. Shea Butter provides intense moisture for dry and dehydrated skin.
  5. made in USA

I love soap- and I guess that has now extended to trying out Men's bars. I find most men soaps doesn't smell super masculine and some of them have really nice shower scents. Like this one.


It's hard to tell what the scent is supposed to be and I kinda bought this without reading the description. Later on when I finally read the packaging- it is supposed to be California Coast. Which I get it. It's smells very good and I really enjoyed the scent- just wish it was stronger. It smells like a really beautifully scented breeze in the early morning hours. Very fresh smelling. It doesn't smell particularly masculine like I was expecting.  This is a bar anyone can use. I like it so much I kinda wanna buy the shower gel.

I have noticed so many bars that have come out lately also double as exfoliators. Which I really dig. Eliminates the need for a separate scrub and it also lathers. Per the label this is scrubby but gentle enough for everyday. It says every other day on the site though. I went through this bar pretty quickly because I loved how the scrubby felt against my skin. A bit scratchy but not too bad and just felt nice. Apparently the scrubbiness is provided by Volcanic Ash- and pumice. Cool.

It lathers well, rinses clean, and cleans very well. Maybe it's the blue charcoal.Charcoal is said to be deep cleansing, detoxifying, and exfoliating. It's an ingredients I love to see. I don't think it's particularly drying but it can make my skin look dry so I like to lotion up visible skin after.

Packaging is nice. It's plastic free so you can just throw the paper in the recycle. Earth friendly. 

It also  has blue green algae and witch hazel.

Ingredients: 

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate (Or) Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Coconut Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Fragrance, Pumice, Carbon, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Gluconate, 

Galactoarabinan, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf ExtractUltramarines (CI 77007), Spirulina Maxima Extract,Cladonia Stellaris Extract (Alpine Caribou Moss), Volcanic Sand, Iron Oxides (CI 77499).


Overall, I liked it much more than I expected and I'm excited to try the other two bars from the brand I have tucked in the stash. Hopefully they are just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment