So I started watching The Guilded Age. I'm a fan of Downtown Abbey and I was ready for the American version taking place in New York but the first time I watched it, I just couldn't get into it. That was months ago. Actually maybe an entire year. I decided to give it another go- and I made it through the first season at least. But I still find the show really hard to get into. I love that we have POC characters- which wasn't a thing in Downton. But the characters are just so boring. I think they are meant to be more gray characters and I feel like they are written in a way where they do "good" things so the audience will like them? Idk. I also feel the show is just so slow paced. Waiting a whole season to find out what Ms. Scott's secret. And the most boring couple to ever grace TV: Mr. Raikes and Marian. I might try to struggle through the rest and see if it gets better but so far...meh.
In the meantime- I been cooking, cooking this week. I'm actually so glad that this recipe came up because I have been craving an Alfredo. I decided to go all out and make my pasta. I try to use the pasta machine at least once a year. To try and get my moneys worth. That probably took the most time. The Alfredo sauce was easy. And I added chicken because I like a bit of protein with my Alfredo. I almost bought fresh broccoli but in the end went with frozen which I just warmed in the oven until it was time to throw it in. And there it was....one of the best dinner's I made this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment