One more post for the day- dabbling in soaps marketed to men. Created by women that were tired of their husbands stealing their stuff- so they created an entire line. Diabolical. I respect it though.
Oars+ Alps claims:
With ingredients from alpine and forest terrains, our Moisturizing Alps Bar Soap provides intense hydration for dry and dehydrated skin.
Shea Butter and Alpine Caribou Moss™ deeply moisturize, while crushed juniper berries sourced from the mountains of the Pacific Northwest mildly buff away dead skin cells. To help remove impurities, we include clay from the Amazon Rainforest. Larch Tree Extract creates a barrier on the skin to lock in moisture.
Light, clean scent. Suitable for every skin type, so lather up and #taketotheoars.
- Shea Butter provides intense moisture for dry and dehydrated skin.
- Crushed juniper berries mildly buff away dead skin cells providing ultimate cleanliness.
- Amazonian Clay sourced from the Amazon Rainforest helps remove skin impurities.
- Larch tree extract creates a barrier on the skin to lock in moisture.
- made in usa
I am finding most soaps marketed to men to be unisex. I just like soap and will buy them regardless of who they are marketed too. It works out if you like woody or more outdoor type scents in the shower. I really loved the scent of the first soap I used from them and I had high hopes for this one.
I think the scent is nice. It's high quality and smells really good. Very much so a unisex scent. It's not my type of scent- but I did still enjoy using it. It's just not a scent I would seek out in soap form again. I feel like it kinda reminds me of a scent you might get in a baking soda carpet refresher but not really. That sounds bad, but I mean it in the best way possible. Nice scent- just not my cup of tea in particular.
This is supposed to be the moisturizing bar. As opposed to the many exfoliating options they offer. It was drying at first but my skin seemed to get used to it and hasn't been as dry as when I first started using it.
It does have juniper berries that it says are good for exfoliation. No. There aren't enough and the one that makes contact with the skin can feel a bit scratchy.
It lathers well though. Cleans nicely. Rinses easily.
It has very interesting ingredients. I almost feel like bars marketed to men have way more interesting ingredients in them. It says it has handcrafted shea. Handcrafted is better than machine made anyway. I just hope it's fair trade. Clay from the rain forest. I think all their bars have clay though. It has actual moss (extract) in it which is also supposed to be very beneficial for the skin. It also has larch tree extract. Whatever that is.
No comments:
Post a Comment