Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Essie Partner in Crime Nail Polish Review

ignore the bad paint job- i literally painted them in the dark 😬


 I definitely meant to review this last week (or years ago) because this is a long discontinued shade. 


Essie claims:

dark chocolate brown creme nail polish with subtle mahogany undertones. 

from the 2014 Nails to Kilt Collection.

This was my stand in for a black nail polish for years. Because it's so dark/deep it mostly passes for black. It only looks a little brown in the pictures/bottle. I love brown nail polish though- it just looks sophisticated. Maybe not this one in particular. But others I have seen.

This is from 2014 so this is definitely an older shade. I've probably had it since then. I don't pay much attention to nail polish collections- I think I grabbed this in TJ Maxx on clearance. I didn't have any shades similar to it so I thought it would be a nice  one to add to the collection. 

I'm glad I picked it up. I just wish it was more noticeably brown instead of just off black/ brown undertones.

It's a thicker polish-and very pigmented. I like to do two coats but you can get away with one. I usually like a sheerer polish that you have to build up over 2-3 thin coats.. I find them more forgiving. But this one is nice. Essie always wears the best on my nails- I usually get around 2-3 days of chip free wear. Could be a little more or less depending on the quality of the base coat/top coat though.

I almost forgot- I do really like it as a pedicure color too!

If I do ever finish it I wouldn't look for a replacement bottle- but I would pick up another brown polish (hopefully more brown than black) since I am a fan of brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment