Vanilla Perfumes have been pretty popular for a little while now. There was a time years ago that I was a little obsessed with Vanilla everything too- but then I moved on and forgot. I think it was mostly when I was using stuff from The Body Shop. This reminds me of the scent of one of one the body butters from them actually and a candle I had from Granado not too long ago. I wouldn't say this is my favorite vanilla scent- I don't love the top notes. I had to look it up and I guess they are Citron and Jasmine. There is also supposed Heliotrope, Tonka Bean, Sugared Amber, Cashmere Oud, Vanilla Flower, and Cloud Musk. I don't know exactly what I don't love about it but the vanilla part I do love. It's just not my blend. But I was really glad to have this sample. It comes in a hair and body mist, travel size, perfume oil, and candle so if you do love it, you have options.
But back to the foundation. It's a darker shade- but I would still need a deeper shade to match my skin. I tried to wear it one day and I'm pretty sure I looked extra ashy and grey. Since then I mixed most of it into a pot with my current foundation and somehow ended up with the perfect shade for me. So I'm not reviewing the foundation as is. I like the finish- I think what I mix it with makes it a bit shiny at the end of the day. But this seems to have a very natural finish. I also like the coverage and how thin it feels/goes on. I'm sure it's an excellent foundation- maybe one day I will try it. But for now I have a few bottles and other things I want to try before I would purchase this. So far- not mad at the sample. I have it in Shade 9- I'll definitely be getting a deeper shade but not quite sure which would be my perfect match. I just know this isn't it- although it was really great to mix in with my current foundation that is a little too deep for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment