Sunday, September 13, 2026

Garlicky Mashed Potatoes with Tomato and Basil and Banana Fritters

Time to knock out a post- or two. 

This week's post is not terribly exciting. I didn't really spend much time in the kitchen...which sometimes you do need a break. I think next posts recipes will be a little more involved. 

But here's what we have today.

Garlicky Mashed potatoes with tomato and basil. I've made a million mashed potatoes- and always add the same things- garlic, chicken stock/paste, black pepper, sour cream, milk. These were very different. They are a Vitamix recipe. Where they want you to put the potatoes in the Vitamix to blend. I definitely skipped that part. I don't think that's necessary at all if you have potato masher. I just made as usual and added the tomatoes and basil. Very unique flavor- and surprisingly good. But is there anything that potatoes don't go with?   Served with seasoned chicken legs and peas. For some reason I had a billion bags of peas in the freezer so I was glad to use them up.


Then Banana Fritters. I was so excited for these because I have been craving donuts. I almost even bough the old stale Krispy Kreme donuts they sell at the Shopette but didn't when I remembered this recipe. I did buy some Butter Pecan ice cream to go along with and very quickly fried up the Banana Fritters. I didn't like them. They weren't worth my fried food allowance for the month. They weren't sweet enough, I didn't like the addition of corn meal, I just didn't really like them. I used the rest of the batter to make waffles this morning and didn't think they were anything special either.  But at least the ice cream was amazing....and my ice cream craving is gone.  The picture looks sad because the Fritters tastes sad.




And that's all for this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment