Friday, September 18, 2026

Nuda Sunless Dewmelt Hydrating Body Lotion Review

 I am in the middle of making puff pastry for sausage rolls I plan on making tomorrow. I haven't made it in years and I am definitely not doing all the research I did the first couple of times I made it. I'm just kinda winging it with a recipe and hoping for the best. I'm also taking short cuts so that it doesn't take me hours and hours. I want to be done by the time I go to bed. So wish me luck.

In the meantime, lotion. Let's hydrate. Because winter is coming.

Nuda claims:

Hydrating body lotion designed to support longer lasting self tan results by nourishing skin in rich, deeply moisturizing plant oils and butters for a flawless, streak-free glow.

DewMelt body lotion is designed to prep for self tanning and extent tan results with rich plant-based butters, essential oils, and milks that deeply moisturize, nourish and leave the skin velvety smooth radiant, enveloped in lasting softness.

  • Made from natural and naturally derived ingredients.
  • Designed to prep the skin for sunless tanning.
  • Light, creamy texture melts into skin.
  • Leaves skin plump and smooth.
  • Promotes a flawless, longer-lasting tan
  • Dye-free and colorant-free, ideal for sensitive skin. 
  • Hydrates skin with humectant Glycerin and Saccharide Isomerate. 
  • Deeply moisturizes and hydrates skin with Shea Butter and Olive Fruit Oil.
  • Vegan, clean and cruelty-free.

I didn't realize this brand is mainly a sunless tanner brand. I think I just bought it to get the the minimum shipping on the Anthropologie site. And I'm glad I did, because I really really like it. It might be one of my favorite lotions.

I also didn't realize it was scented when I bought it. It wasn't until I went finally use it that I realized the scent is Velvet Amber Fig. It's written so tiny and toward the bottom.  Usually fig scents are a bit forgettable for me. I've had a few fig soaps..a fig candle or two. Figs don't really have scent to me- but this does smell like the fig scent that you find in higher end brands like Le Labo or Voluspa. And maybe a perfume or two I've tried has the same kind of fig note. For some reason, it really works here. It also kinda smells like a lotion you would use on the beach, without smelling like suntan lotion. And then it has what I'm guessing is the Amber. This scent combination really does it for me. I love it.

I also really love the way it goes on. It feels like moisture and is very hydrating and sinks in pretty quickly with no type of greasiness. My skin feels hydrated and soft all day. I don't do any type of self tanning or anything but I think this is a great stand alone lotion to use just as a regular body moisturizer. 

Usually the only requirement I look for these days in body lotion is that there are no microplastics. Mainly I try to avoid dimethicone. This met that requirement. But I'm not an expert at recognizing microplastic ingredients but this looked good enough for me. And it has Shea Extract and Olive oil as well as a few skin care ingredients. 

Ingredients:

Aqua/Water/Eau, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Ethylhexyl Olivate, Phenoxyethanol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Nut Extract, Xylitylglucoside, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Anhydroxylitol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Xylitol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Saccharide Isomerate, Squalane, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Bakuchiol, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Calanthe Discolor Extract.

I really, really liked this lotion. I wish I had bought  a full size bottle instead of the mini. I just wish it was a bit more affordable as it is quite pricey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment