Saturday, September 26, 2026

Vitamix Cranberry Nut Bread and Turkey Meatloaf

We are knocking the posts out early today since I have a  list of things I want to get done today. This was an ok week in the kitchen.



I made a Cranberry Nut Bread. It came from the Vitamix cookbook and you are supposed to use the Vitamix but I couldn't bring myself to do it. You really don't need to Vitamix to make a quick bread. So I just made it like I would make any other quick bread. It was OK. I think my whole wheat flour is getting a little old- but I finally used up the last of it so I'm happy about that. I also used dried cranberries instead of fresh because fresh is not in season. Overall, it was OK. I also forgot- I reduced the sugar to about 3/4 cup instead of a whole cup. I do that in any bread I make. But yeah..just OK. Wouldn't make this particular recipe again. It made a decent snack for work though and I froze a few pieces for net week too.  This isn't the exact recipe but similar enough...





Then....meatloaf. I looked it up and the last time I made meatloaf was 13 years ago. I hated meatloaf dinner night as a kid. I''m finding it's not as awful as I made it out to be ( I was a very dramatic kid about food I didn't like) - but still not something I would make regularly. This was a Turkey meatloaf. I just processed Turkey Breast in a food processor for mine since I didn't feel like traveling far to get already ground Turkey. I also skipped the beef bacon...because I didn't think it would add anything for me. Oh..I also used shallots and used Panko instead of actual bread. It came out really, really smooth. I'm sure that's because we used the food processor. It wasn't bad, just a little dry but I think that's my fault. . Great lean and healthy protein option for dinner.  But I'm still not a meatloaf person....



And that's all! We shall see what next week brings up...


No comments:

Post a Comment