I used to be Trey Songz biggest fan. I still remember when his first music video hit and they would play it on BET. It wasn't until he cut his braids and got a little thicker, that I did a little double take. And the smile. Can't forget the smile.
Luckily he's pretty talented too so I do have a few songs (songz?) in the Trey rotation.
Starting with Dive in- because we are about to Dive in with these songs.
Next...Gotta Make it. Our intro to Trey. Cute little song that took a few years to grow on me. But I like it now. A lot.
Next up, Love Faces. We love a brotha in a suit. But looks aside- this is my jam.
Ah, it's Mr. Steal Yo Girl. He's not the original. I think Joe was. Maybe Mr. Steal Your Girl Part 2. I go back n forth with whether I like this song- then I put it on and start vibing and it stays in the playlist.
Next up, Panty Droppa. A staple in the after hours playlist 😬 Of course a lot of these songs are in that playlist. It's the type of music he does best.
Neighbors Know My Name is when I noticed the Trey glow up. I've watched this video a few million times- back to back. It's the smile (lips, body, everything really). I was bit obsessed. Good Times. 😍😍😍
Scratching My Up was like Neighbors Know My Name Part Two. Shoulda been released as a single.
Yo Side of the Bed- classic. And made even funnier by the vid posted below it. Still cracks me up. Yo Side of the Bed is very Prince sounding...Per Google it samples Purple Rain. I just learned that today. That's crazy.
I have both the remix and OG version of this song. I'm kinda surprised at the views being so low because I thought it was a big song. I can't post the vid cause I guess it's a Parental Advisory.
I'm kinda shocked- there are more songs than I really expected. I love this one, once I listen to it's stuck in my head the rest of the day. Sounds like a Mario kinda song, right?
Last Time isn't memorable until I listen to it again and then I put it on like- Hold Up. I like this. And then I like it all over again. Even though it's a lil trife.
I'm a bit surprised this was a single- even though I love the song...it's another one I forget until it starts bumping. I should listen to it more.
This is probably the last album I listened to by Trey. I think it was back when I listened to Apple Music- but it was free? The music video is also restricted so can't post here. I hope she left him though, I bump with the song but writer here is definitely trash.
Last song, Touchin Lovin. I suddenly have the urge to glue a bunch of gemstones to my lips. Maybe with some blue lipstick? I just need to find some gems.
Long post...but I had fun taking a little trip down memory lane.
No comments:
Post a Comment