I should probably take a break from NYX liners. Really seems like that's all I know how to buy. In the meantime, although I always want vivid shades of liner- I decided to just go with brown. I thought I could add a small amount of definition to my eyes instead of all out black. And I've been wanting to make a salty smoky warm smoky eye look. It's almost impossible to do on my complexion since the only brown shades that stand out on my skin-tone tend to be on the cooler side.
But back to the NYX.
Claims:
Slim, trim, but never prim. Our Slim Eye Pencils come in a variety of entrancing shades—from seafoam green to black shimmer. The creamy long-wearing eye liner formula goes on easily and resists bleeding. Available in 31 stunning shades!
Made in Mexico
I love the color. It's a very warm brown- I think it has a lot of reddish tones mixed in. So it looks exactly like what I wanted- but it just doesn't show up enough on my eyes to make a difference. Not even a subtle difference. I also think the color could have a little more dimension to it or maybe I'm asking too much from a drugstore liner.
So the color didn't work on my eyes like I thought.
And I also don't like the texture. I wanted it to be more creamy but it tends to tug on the eyes and take a bit of pressure to get it on. I've had much creamier and easy to work with liners. Wear time is ok. It's not a liner that sets. So not long wear- definitely not waterproof. It seems to wear fine on my eyes- but then again not sure how much I could tell since I could barely see it.
I wasn't impressed with it as an eyeliner. So it's been repurposed to a lip liner. And I LOVE it as a lip liner. It's dark enough without being too dark. It makes all my lipsticks blend better. It also isn't as waxy as a lip liner so I find it wears away evenly with whatever lipstick and I'm not left with a line. It goes well with my skintone and it goes well with whatever I pair it with.
Not my favorite eyeliner. But I would still try it in other shades if only just to play in other colors without dropping a lot of money. For this one, I'll happily use it up with my lipsticks and see how much I miss it once it's gone. It's possible I may buy it again for the lips.
No comments:
Post a Comment