Sunday, September 30, 2018

NYX Orange Concealer Jar Review







I'm not big into concealer, although the spots on my face say otherwise. Since my current tinted moisturizer does a terrible job of covering up my dark spots, I thought I would buy a concealer that could cancel out the dark spots a little easier. I had a Makeup Forever concealer a couple years ago in the orange shade that I really liked, so I thought this might be comparable for a much better price.

NYX claims:Obscure imperfections and blur away problem areas with one of our Concealer Jars. Now available in 10 more shades to accommodate an even wider range of skin tones, this creamy formula stands up to the villains of unwelcome imperfections with a vengeance.

ORANGE - ORANGE WITH SLIGHT BLUE UNDERTONES

First things first...the shade range. I didn't know that NYX had such an extensive shade range. And they just released a new foundation that has a shade for almost everyone. Also, they are really affordable, which is nice (although all the products are made in China so I feel they should be affordable!). 

All that being said, I don't like this product. 

When I first work it into the skin, it's like magic. All my dark spots disappear and only a slight orange tint is left on my skin. I have to cover it with foundation of course or else I might look a little crazy.

The problem with this is I feel like it covers well but this stuff evaprotiates off my skin in about 30 minutes and my spots are pretty much back again.
See the dark spots?

I found mixing it with a longer wearing concealer helps extend the wear time, but not by much. 

Also if you use a long wearing waterproof foundation over top it might help the staying power.

I tried using a primer, and setting with powder and just really had no luck.

It work a little better on under eye circles, but I find that it settles into lines easily and ends up making me look a little older.

The packaging is kinda cheap. It doesn't feel super cheap, but I dropped it in the sink and a chunk of the lid broke off, so now it's not completely sealed from air. I didn't even really drop it from that much height. Another complaint I have about the packaging is I wish the pot were a little wider. It would be much more functional to have a wider surface to dig into if you are using your fingers to apply. If you usually use a brush, the container probably wouldn't bother you. 

Overall, I like that it's affordable.I like the color selection. But the product just doesn't perform. It's too bad because I was definitely interested in picking up a few more colors to test out, but I think maybe I'll try out the popular LA Colors concealers next. 

UPDATE- Trashed it....really just not a good product.

No comments:

Post a Comment