Monday, January 28, 2019

Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers

I know...I just posted a recipe I tried a post ago. But I'm falling behind. And I don't want to just keep falling more and more behind.

I don't think I've ever made stuffed peppers. Which is a shame because I've seen some amazing recipes. They also seem pretty easy. And filling. Not to mention they look like comfort food.

So I found this recipe on Food Network and thought I would give them a try. 

They took quite a bit of work with all the chopping. I guess because it's been a minute since I've really cooked anything. I made the sloppy joe stuffing first. It's been decades since I've had sloppy joes. I don't think it's anything we ever really ate at home. But it was in the rotation for school lunches. I usually skipped on those days because I'm just not a sloppy joe person. 

When I was making mine I did give it a taste just to see where it was at and it was a little on the sweet side. So I added some crushed red peppers. It made it a lot better. I also used ground beef because my store was out of ground turkey.

Added it to the crushed peppers. Shredded some cheese to go on top. Baked and then it was done.

My family liked it. I thought it was just ok until I had it two days later as leftovers. Having it sit made it so much better. The pepper was sweeter and more roasted. And the filling had time for the flavors to really meld together.

Here is the recipe in case you are interest.


I don't think I would make them again. But they weren't bad. 

Excuse my ugly pic. I threw it on rice and was too tired to make it look pretty!



No comments:

Post a Comment