Monday, January 28, 2019

Urban Decay Vice Vanished Lipstick Review



I really thought I would have all the Vice Lipsticks in the palette reviewed by now. I'll get there eventually. A lot of the colors I have are actually mostly gone. This particular color is taking a bit longer to use up however.

Urban Decay claims:
Prepare to get hooked. Vice Lipstick comes in a massive lineup of 135 addictive shades and six indulgent finishes—our biggest lineup yet! 
Please note SALE shades do not qualify for Custom Engraving.

Our shade range has it all: Bold brights. Dark, sexy shades. Super-versatile neutrals. With so much variety it’ll make your head spin, there’s something for everyone—from new shades to cult favorites you thought you’d never see again. Several shades were inspired by some of our other lip products (and even our Eyeshadows and Eye Pencils!).

Our huge assortment also includes more finishes than ever before:
- MEGA MATTE: super-intense matte<
- COMFORT MATTE: our creamiest matte
- CREAM: the original: creamy, badass luxury
- METALLIZED: cream with a high level of pearl
- SHEER: a punch of color with a sheer, shiny finish
- SHEER SHIMMER: slightly transparent finish with floating pearl and a smooth texture


I think this color is discontinued. 

I'm not sad about it. I don't like it. It is described as a pale neutral nude in a cream finish. It's just not flattering against brown skin tones. It's almost a pink beige type of color. Can go on pretty streaky. I have to blot most of it off. Lipliner can help. 

It doesn't wear very long on my lips. I feel like I need to apply it every hour. And forget about eating with it on.

Sometimes I do wear it ultra sheer over top of a lip balm. Just to get rid of it really. It still seems to give off a slightly ashy cast. I tend to wear it when I wear color on my eyes. That way all the focus is on my colorful eye look. 

Overall it's just not a good color for my skin tone. I can see how it could have worked on other skin tones though. But I'm not mad it's discontinued. 
 Looks like ash-not cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment