Wednesday, February 6, 2019

MAC Prep and Prime Fix + Review


I bought this spray in attempt to get out of the MAC rut I sometimes get in. I buy the brushes mostly and for a second I was buying the eyeshadows. But MAC has a lot more to offer than just brushes. And I haven't been wanting the brushes as much since they switched to all synthetic anyway. So the last MAC sale I bought outside of what I normally buy. I bought the Fix+ spray. It's extremely popular on Youtube and I think the very first spray that started the spray craze. These days the drugstore offers a multitude of sprays. I will probably try those out once I finally use this one up. 

MAC claims:
A lightweight mist of water packed with vitamins and minerals, infused with a blend of green tea, chamomile and cucumber to gently soothe and refresh the skin. Gives an instant boost of hydration while delivering a soft sheen to refresh and finish makeup. This holy grail of hydrating mists can be used with other products in near-endless ways – to improve the wear of makeup, or moisturize and soothe tired skin. A delicious twist in a permanent romantic rose scent, calming lavender scent, or creamy coconut scent


So you get just over 3 ounces of product $27 dollars. It's not a cheap spray. And especially when you consider it is mostly glycerin and water as ingredients and you can actually make a similar spray yourself MUCH cheaper. 

The scent is OK. I'm not crazy about the scent but these days it is offered in a couple different scents to include Lavender, Coconut, and Rose. 

Sometimes I watch the MAC videos and I see they mostly like to use it to hydrate skin before make-up. I like to use it that way.....in the winter. In the summer I find it's too hydrating and makes my skin look very oily. But in the winter when I just need something lighter to take away slight dryness, this works perfectly. 


I notice most people I've seen use it, tend to use it as a finishing spray to settle down a powdery finish. I do like to use it that way when my skin is more on the powdery side since the dry look is never cute. It works well for that. I do disagree with the claim that it makes your makeup last longer. I've tried it with some very short wearing foundations and I don't really notice too much of a difference.

Another way I see a lot of people use it is to wet the brush to make shadow have a sort of foiled appearance. I've used it that way. It works. And it works well. But for the price I can get a cheap bottle of Visine type eyedrops to do the same. Or even use water. So I don't tend to use it to spray the brush. But it does work well for that! Above I used it with a brush-the first swatch is dry and the second I used Fix plus on the brush.

Ingredients:
Water\Aqua\Eau, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Panthenol, Arginine, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

I do like it. I just don't know if I like it at that price tag. I can probably get by making my own spray-which I have done. Or even just using a plant hydrosol. I do want to try the other scents...but I don't really want to buy it at that price tag. 

What's your favorite spray?

No comments:

Post a Comment