Saturday, March 23, 2019

Zum Patchouli Orange Goat Milk Soap Review



Years and years ago I stumbled upon one of the most amazing scent combinations I have ever come across. It was  Lush's Karma soap. I'm pretty sure that's the only time I've come across such a prominent Patchouli scent. I loved it so much that I even started looking for dupes of the scent on Etsy. Of course, nothing really came close and I ended up forgetting about it and moving on. 

Zum claims:
  • Earthy patchouli joins up with the refreshing twist of citrus. They bring out the best in each other. And it’s all for a good cause, helping to promote collagen production and  improve skin’s blood flow.
    • Essential oils
    • Plant-based, simple ingredients
Of course this soap is pretty reminiscent of Lush's Karma. It's patchouli and orange. A little heavier on the Patchouli scent but sometimes the orange comes through strong. While I loved the Karma scent, I only like this. I do like it a lot though, but probably not enough to buy it again. Experiencing it once is enough for me.

The bar is a pretty red color with what I guess is chunks of thePatchouli herb in it. That's one thing I really don't like about Zum, they don't truly list all of the ingredients. 

The lather is really nice like all of the Zum bars. The only problem was this was pretty drying. I've had that problem with the last two bars I've used though. I'm hoping now that it's almost summer the soaps won't be as drying.

Ingredients:
Saponified 100% food grade olive, coconut, palm & castor oils, in a goat's milk base, with herbs, essential oils and mineral pigments. Enjoy! 
Overall, I liked it. I wish it was more hydrating. I think this is a good all natural alternative to the Lush soap, if you keep in mind it doesn't smell quite a good.



No comments:

Post a Comment