Saturday, April 27, 2019

Zum Bar Coffee Almond Goat Milk Soap Review

I can't drink coffee because I'm caffeine sensitive. But I do like it and I dream of all types of coffee latte's. So when I saw this I just imagined a decadent coffee soap that smells like some sort of fancy almond coffee with a ton of whipped cream on top and drizzled with caramel. Like a Starbucks drink or something (although if you are lucky enough to have a local coffee shop I recommend going there!) I just knew this was going to make waking up for work something to be exited about.

Zum claims:
  • mond’s velvety tones and sweet, complexion-friendly characteristics mixed with coffee wakes up your daily grind with start anew exfoliation.
  • what's inside? ingredients you can pronounce.

    Saponified 100% food grade olive, coconut, palm & castor oils, in a goat's milk base, with coffee grounds, vanilla infusion, natural almond fragrance, mineral pigments and aloe. Enjoy! 

Unfortunately it wasn't all I cracked itself up to be in my mind. There was no coffee scent at all. Just Almond-which is just OK. I guess it's called coffee almond because of the coffee bits that are meant for exfoliation. Anyway, I was disappointed in the scent. It's not a bad almond scent but once you've had one almond scented soap, you've had them all.


As for exfoliation, at first I found the coffee pieces to be way too harsh. It was super scratchy and felt like it was just cutting up my skin. As I continued using it I found myself liking it, but mostly on my back and less sensitive skin areas like elbows or knees. I'm sure it removed some dead- and live-skin. I think those that like a harsher scrub might really appreciate it. 

The lather is decent. I think after using the Out of Africa Peppermint soap this fell just a little short on lather. But it does what it's supposed to do.

It left my skin pretty dry. I'm not sure if my skin is going through something lately but lotion is a must. And although it is exfoliating,  I don't find my skin was left feeling super smooth like it would if I had used a separate scrub.


As always the ingredients are pretty great. I prefer natural soaps and this is definitely a natural soap. 

Overall, I was pretty disappointed. It's not my favorite Zum. 

I did review the regular Almond soap from Zum, click here to check that review out.



No comments:

Post a Comment