Friday, May 31, 2019

Cream of Carrot Soup with Ginger

I’m going to be stationary for a while so I thought I would go ahead and knock a blog post out. Today we are talking carrot soup. You wouldn’t believe how many people think carrot soup sounds gross but it sounds great to me. I thought I had made a couple different carrot soup recipes but a blog search shows I had only made one. A Carrot Tofu Ginger soup from Vitamix. I think it was good... but this soup was better.

For some reason every time I thought carrot soup,  my mind would shout “Kakarot”  soup. I used to watch a lot of Dragon Ball and Gokus real name was Kakarot. I remember looking it up and finding most of the characters were named after veggies. Hilarious.

My

My favorite will always be Vegeta shouting Kakarot. 

So anyway, I made Cream of Kakarot soup. And it was great. I used one less leek than the recipe called for because I though it looked like a lot of leek for one soup. The best addition was the sweet potato. It added a nice sweetness that complimented the spiciness if the ginger. 

It was a lot of work chopping the veggies and then blending up. I wasn’t lazy though and used the Vitamix which gave it a nice silky texture.


Anyway great soup. I mostly ate  it as is but the last little bit I made some baked salmon to go with it.


I got the recipe from Food Network. Click the link to check it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment