Saturday, June 1, 2019

Zadig and Voltaire This is Her! Parfum Review



I'm in between errands. I really need to wash my car and my town is having a carnival today that I'm thinking I should go to since I wouldn't have to worry about parking.
In between, I thought I would try to hurry and knock out a post. I wanted something that was hard to get in the US and I saw this on the Douglas.de site. So I thought I would try it. I think you can actually get it in the states at certain stores though.

Zadig and Voltaire claims:

The Zadig & Voltaire perfume combines Pink Pepper with floral notes to create the bursts in This is Her! 

  • A fresh and intense mix of flowery and woody notes.
  • Top notes: Jasmine, Pink Pepper, Silkwood Blossom.
  • Heart notes: Chestnut, Whipped Cream, Vanilla. Base notes: Sandalwood, Cashmere Wood.

I was expecting a unique scent as that's what it's described to be. But it reminds me of a perfume I used awhile ago..I think it was called Etat Libre De Orange or something. I'm too lazy to look it up. It smells very similar except the cardamom notes. At least it does from what I remember. This may also be slightly more on the floral side as well.

At first spray I loved it but as I've been getting through the bottle it's not anything special. It doesn't last long ( 2 hours..maybe?)  and doesn't have any distinct notes of anything that I can pick out and actually like. The description of it was very enticing...however I wouldn't say I agree with it. 

The only good thing I can comment on is that at least it wasn't expensive. I ordered it off of Amazon.de for about 34 dollars.

I almost forgot to mention the packaging. It's a decent bottle, it feels like a quality glass bottle and I haven't had an issues with the spray mechanism.

There's not really much else to say except...it's very meh. I'm glad I bought the one ounce bottle and not a bigger bottle because it would be more to get through and I want to use it up and move on.

Have you tried anything from this brand? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment