Friday, June 7, 2019

DIY Essential Oil Rollerballs

I really need to do an updated essential oil collection video because as much as  I try to control myself and stop ordering... that doesn’t really happen. My collection is getting out of control and I needed to find another way to make sure I’m getting a lot of use out of the oils. The best way...rollerballs! The premade rollerballs are easy and convenient but not really cost effective. I would still buy them every now and again though. But when I can I  try to make them myself.

The most important thing to check is the recommended dilution for each oil you are using. I love Plant Therapy because they print that information on the bottle as well as post it on the website. Then I will use the chart to figure out the amount of drops I will need.

https://blog.planttherapy.com/blog/2015/08/10/how-to-dilute-essential-oils/

The link above takes you to the blog post that helped me the most.
Edens Garden Jasmine Rollerball, Two homemade Rollerballs, and Skin Restore by Plant Therapy


I bought four empty bottles and made a rollerball for everyone in my family. Peppermint Lavender for me (awakening and good for headaches), a citrus blend for my sister( to lift the spirits), Immunity blend for my Dad ( helps boost immune system and good for him cause he travels frequently), and lastly a Frankinscense and Lavender blend for my mom (smells nice and good for skin issues).

I placed an order for more rollerballs already and plan to make a Goodnight blend and one for focus and concentration.

I diluted mine in a blend of grape seed and castor but you can use any oil you have on hand.


There are a lot of recipes for rollerballs out there, just be careful you are using safe recipes. I’ve seen recipes that use thirty drops or more in only 10 ml of oil and didn’t seem to pay attention to safety at all.

I love how easy they are to travel with and use and highly recommend making them yourself or just buying them pre-diluted!




No comments:

Post a Comment