Thursday, May 30, 2019

The Isley Brothers



I've been listening to a lot of Motown lately. Nothing lifts your spirits like Motown. The Isley Brothers were Motown artists...but for some reason I always forget that. I'm not sure why. I think it's because I think of their more modern music when I think of them and forget the Motown hits.

I tend to also think of Aaliyah when I think of Isley as well. Just because she remade a couple of their songs and I know she loved them. I love them too. Whenever I'm driving around and one of their songs comes on I blast it happily and very loudly!

First off...one of my faves. It might be my very favorite summer song. Ronalds Isley's voice makes you feel like you're floating somewhere on a cloud. I don't think the live performance comes close to the record. But I love it anyway. Check out that guitar!



Then of course Groove With you. I couldn't find a live version but I LOVE this song. Really.



A classic...Shout. It's truly amazing to realize just how many decades the group was successful. Also..Ronald sounds totally different.



Another classic. It's Your Thing. 


Another LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. Did I say I love this song? It's For the Love of You.



Of course we have Voyage to Atlantis.


And we have Contagious and Down Low. The music vids are classics. I watch them every time like it's the first time I've seen them.





Other faves (and must have songs!)
Twist and Shout
This Old Heart of Mine- Sounds so Motown!
Ain't I Been Good to You- Hauntingly Beautiful
Fight The Power- Heavily Sampled and one that never fails to get me moving and shouting "Fight the Power"
At Your Best (You Are Love) - I definitely heard the remake by Aaliyah a million times before I even realized this was a remake. I love her version..and I really love the Isley Brothers as well. Beautiful song and lyrics
Choosey Lover- Another one Aaliyah remade. I absolutely love this one too. Again, that guitar!
Between the Sheets- No one can sing this quite like the Isley Brothers. My JAM!
Caravan of Love- This is by Isley-Jasper-Isley but it's in my Isley playlist...it's a great song
Secret Love- Modern classic. You can hear Avant singing in the chorus.
Busted- It was love at first listen.

I wanted to post videos for all these songs but I didn't want the post to be crazy long.

I really love this group. They are one of my faves and if you aren't familiar with their music you really should give these songs a listen.




No comments:

Post a Comment