Saturday, May 25, 2019

Grape-seed Oil



I've tried a bunch of oils at this point- never Grape-seed. Although I've read for years and years about how it is the ideal oil for oily skin- I have oily/combination. I bought an anti-age essential oil blend not too long ago from Plant Therapy and they recommend diluting the oil in Grape-seed. So I went to the grocery store and bought a large glass bottle for about 4 Euro. 

Grape-seed Oil Skin Benefits:
Manages Acne
Protects Against Free Radicals
Moisturizes and Balances Skin
Reduces Inflammation
Minimizes Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Brightening 
And much More!


If it's good enough to cook with it's certainly pure enough to use on the skin, right?

Anyway, it doesn't have the magical properties of other oils like Tamanu or Rosehip but it is the perfect neutral carrier oil for the skin. It goes on shiny but sink in pretty easily. 

It makes my skin glowy and healthy but not greasy- at least not until a couple of hours have gone by. It's not hydrating though, so I wouldn't recommend it on dry skin unless you are mixing it with heavier oils.

I found that to be especially true when trying to use it as a body oil. It just wasn't hydrating enough and needs to be mixed with something heavier like Olive Oil or whatever oil of your preference. I still like it in body oils though because it helps to cut the heaviness of other oils and it has no scent.

Overall... good stuff. Maybe I'll try cooking with it one of these days! 


No comments:

Post a Comment