Sunday, June 9, 2019

Chagrin Valley Butter Bar Conditioning Shampoo Review


And here I am back again today...this time to review a shampoo bar. The last shampoo bar I used  used from this company I gave a rave review...and I was so excited to try more. It was the Ayurvedic Herb Shampoo. 


A buttery, super moisturizing, conditioning shampoo bar enriched with organic cocoa, shea and mango butters that provide nourishment for the hair shaft.
With double the extra oils and butters of our soap bars, this is a buttery, super moisturizing, conditioning shampoo bar. This natural shampoo bar is enriched with organic cocoa, shea and mango butters which are protective emollients that penetrate deep to provide nourishment for the hair shaft. The lather is rich and creamy with the natural scent of cocoa butter. 
  • Great for dry, over-processed and/or heat-treated hair
  • Moisturizing butters nourish and protect dry, damaged or brittle hair
  • Babassu oil moisturizes for shiny, healthy-looking hair
  • Coconut milk soothes dry scalps and has anti-frizz properties that help with manageability, adds another layer of deep conditioning and imparts silkiness and shine to hair
A sulfate-free, silicone free, paraben free natural shampoo and conditioner


Unfortunately this particular bar was just not for me, although I thought it would be great for my hair since it does tend to be on the dry side. The first thing I noticed about it was the great scent...it was a nice Lavender/Essential Oil Fresh type of scent. I think it took on the scent of other goodies in the box.


The next thing I noticed about it was that I don't think it really cleans my hair. I did read it's a more conditioning bar but I expect it to clean and this just doesn't do it for me. I guess one could follow up after using a more stripping shampoo ...but I would rather just find a bar that cleans and conditions in one go. Or follow up with an actual conditioner.

Lather is OK. I did find that I ultimately prefer to have a scented bar....this bar (unscented in water) just didn't do it for me. I guess I like more scent in my suds, at least for shampoo. It was only really unscented in water as I actually did really enjoy the natural scent of the soap outside of the shower.

It wasn't a very detangling bar- not like the other bar at least. BUT my hair has not been dry since I started using it...so there is that.

Ingredients: 
Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Virgin Shea Butter, Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Babassu Oil, Water, Organic Organic Coconut Milk, Organic Mango Butter, Sodium Hydroxide, Organic Canola, Organic Castor Bean Oil, Organic Rosemary Extract, 

Ultimately, it's not the bar for me. I would pick the Ayurvedic Bar, which is perfect as far as my hair is concerned.

But I'm glad I tried it!

I still have two more mini bars that I will have to figure out what to do with since I probably won't be using it in my hair...


No comments:

Post a Comment