Saturday, July 13, 2019

Chagrin Valley Adzuki Bean Complexion Soap Review




The last facial soap I had seemed to last months and month and months and although I really liked it, I was very excited when it was finally gone and time to try something else. I narrowed my choice down to ordering from either Chagrin Valley or a bar of soap from a brand called Herbivore. I ended up going with this because I wanted to order some other stuff as well.

Chagrin Valley claims:
A moisturizing, natural complexion soap made with adzuki bean powder that gently exfoliates without damaging skin's surface, leaving a soft, radiant glow.
A moisturizing, natural complexion soap made with adzuki bean powder used in Japanese skin care regimens for centuries.
  • Gently exfoliates without damaging skin's surface, leaving a soft, radiant glow
  • Adzuki beans contain saponin, a natural foaming agent, that helps cleanse pores by removing dirt and dead skin cells
  • Exfoliation helps draw out impurities and promote circulation
  • Moisturizing organic cocoa butter soothes and softens dry, itchy skin

I love beauty products that contain interesting ingredients. I've mainly heard of Adzuki beans being used in Japanese desserts but never knew they were also used on the face as a scrub. I went ahead and ordered it. I think it's a fair price at $8.95 for a pretty large bar that's all natural and organic. I just wish they would offer Free Shipping at a certain amount.


The first thing I noticed about the soap was the scent. I'm not really sure what it smells like but I'm not the biggest fan of the scent. Since I've been using it for awhile now it doesn't bother me as much as it did when I first got it.

The first couple of times I used it, I noticed it really dried my skin but after a couple of days it just left my skin feeling normal. 

It cleans off makeup well and doesn't cause any breakouts. It does have some exfoliating ability but I don't find the shape is great to rub directly on my face due to the all the contours the face has. It might be better to use on arms/legs but I bought it to strictly use on my face. I do see they have a separate scrub which might be better to use for exfoliating. 

I cut mine into smaller pieces to make the soap last longer. So far I've been using it a couple months and still have quite a bit left to use up! 

Ingredients:


It's a nice soap. But I don't think it works as well at exfoliating my face as I first thought it would. I don't think I would go out of my way to purchase again but it was a fun product to try and I would not hesitate to try another of the complexion soaps that Chagrin Valley offers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment