Saturday, July 20, 2019

Chagrin Valley Clay Silk Deodorant In Summer Rain Review




A couple of years back I successfully switched to natural deodorants. I'm not sure where I went wrong but I ended up back using the commercial stuff. I've been trying to switch again but am having a harder time this go round. I thought I would start with this one because I do have issues with baking soda deodorants. It causes a rash which is not fun at all to deal with. Rashes and darker armpits.

So I decided to give the clay deodorants a try.

Chagrin Valley claims:
Our organic Summer Rain™ clay cream deodorant is made with soothing and moisturizing organic ingredients that absorb quickly, leave no greasy residue and help you stay fresh naturally.

Our organic Summer Rain™ clay cream deodorant is made with soothing and moisturizing organic ingredients that absorb quickly, leave no greasy residue and help you stay fresh naturally. 
Our natural mineral deodorant combines the antibacterial properties of virgin coconut oil and essentials oil to minimize and neutralize odors naturally.
A great alternative for folks sensitive to baking soda.
  • Moisturizing virgin coconut oil has antibacterial properties that safely and effectively help neutralize underarm odor
  • Silky organic arrowroot powder soothes skin and absorbs perspiration
  • Bentonite clay helps absorb sweat naturally
  • Essential oil blend has antibacterial, antiseptic, healing and soothing properties
  • A relaxing and calming scent with lavender and warm floral notes
Off the bat...I don't like the scent. But if it's something that worked for me, I could get over it. This has a vinegar sour/strange scent. It smells nothing like the essential oils it has in it...which was pretty disappointing.

Never mind the scent though....did it work? Not at all. I would put it on and it would seem to activate sweating. And it's deodorant capabilities were non-existent for me. This was within the hour of applying that I was left wondering if I had even applied anything.

The packaging it nice though. I love things that come in glass jars and these are very nice. I'll definitely be re-using when I try to make my own deodorant. 

Ingredients:
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Bentonite Clay, Beeswax, Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Arrowroot Powder, Organic Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Thyme and Rosemary Essential Oil, Organic Rosemary Oil Extract 


Everything isn't for everybody. And everyone has different chemistry. I feel like I gave it a fair chance and it's just not for me which is pretty disappointing because it does cost ten dollars for a small jar. But I'm glad I tried it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment