Saturday, July 20, 2019

Iman Second To None Stick Foundation Review (Earth 3 and Clay 1)


Iman Cosmetics have been on my list of brands to try forever. And now..years and years later here we are! 

Iman claims:
Easily Creates a Flawless Complexion. Second To None Stick Foundation is an oil-free makeup. Formulated with moisturizing jojoba esters nourishing antioxidant vitamins. Full coverage, long-wearing matte color for a natural looking complexion.

Apply with sponge for a natural and sheer look. Use fingertips and blend evenly for maximum coverage. Apply foundation and blend downward in the direction of your hair growth for a more even texture. When applying with fingers, use your ring finger, this applies the least amount of pressure. A good choice for oily/combination skin.


I've seen Iman Stick Foundations quite a bit. The reason I never bought the foundation is because it's so difficult to figure out your color match. And after looking at the colors for awhile...I finally just picked one. They have 14 shades shades that are mainly meant for women of color. I couldn't figure out if my Skintone was Clay or Earth. And the main problem I have with her color selection is the colors run too cool. My skin tone is pretty warm and they are just missing completely. I know there is a gap with other lines in cool tone deeper colors, so I'm glad Iman fills that gap. But I wish that she would offer both warm and cool tones. 

On it's own..I can't wear it. The only way I can wear it without the color looking too off is to mix it with another warmer and lighter foundation. I use Covergirl Queen...the old one since I found it on clearance and picked up a couple bottles. Before that I bought another color in the line (Clay 3), which looked horrible-ashy and still too cool when I mixed the two together. I still have it and have no idea how I'm going to use it up! Sometimes I blend it down my nose as a highlight and I might try it as an eye primer. 

The foundation is more suited for oily complexions. I found it to be quite drying on my combination skin, which wasn't good when the weather was cooler. My skin tolerates it a little better now that it is warmer. I think it tolerates oil break though pretty well too. 

The coverage it pretty high. I tend to blend it out but if you want more coverage you can dab it on and blend minimally and use it as a concealer. 

I think it's pretty long lasting. It lasts pretty much the whole day.

I paid about $13 for the foundation. Which is on the pricey side for a drugstore foundation.

The packaging is alright. The writing on it wears off easily. But it's functional.  

It is made in China. Which..I'm kind of disappointed in that. I wonder why she didn't make the line in Ethiopia or the US or even the UK. There are cheaper lines available in the drugstore that are made in the USA so I'm not sure why they are made in China. 

Overall, if you have oily, cool toned skin...this might be one to try. For warm toned, dry or combination skin, it's skippable. The fact that I couldn't find my shade was a deal breaker for me. I would still try out other things in her line though..

Have you tried Iman's stick foundations? What did you think? 





No comments:

Post a Comment