Sunday, July 28, 2019

Jackie Wilson



I'm not sure exactly how I found Jackie Wilson's music. Probably the thing that most got me interested in his music was the fact that he was a big influence on Michael Jackson. Michael is definitely one of the most influential artists of all time...so it was fun watching Jackie's performances and listening to his music and seeing exactly how he might have influenced Michael.

The first song I have is To Be Loved. He definitely is smooth and agile on his feet.



Next up ...I Get the Sweetest Feeling. A must watch! I think this is a compilation of some of his best performances.



And then we have Lonely Teardrops. I think this is is best live performance he has.


Of course we have Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher. I think it's the most popular Jackie song and one you've more than likely heard in a movie.



And one more must watch performance....



Other songs on my Jackie playlist:
Reet Petite
Think Twice - The most unexpected lyrics and I love it. I didn't even know they made songs like this back then! 

Definitely an artist that is worth checking out. I had a lot of fun discovering his music!

No comments:

Post a Comment