Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Plant Therapy Island Sunset Essential Oil Review


Today has been a crazy day. I kind of hit a deer. Luckily it didn't do too much damage. At least not that I can see. The very bottom corner of the bumper is slightly moved. But I'm Ok. And hopefully the deer is OK. Anyway, thinking of the name of this oil just reminded me that Disney is making the Little Mermaid a live action film. And they cast a black woman (Go Halle Bailey!) as Ariel! I'm so excited. I've always loved The Little Mermaid. It came out the same year I was born. I had the sheets, the movie, the CD, the curtains....And a couple months ago I bought the bathing suit from Torrid! For some reason I lost the top..but it's somewhere in my room so I'm not too worried....


Anyway....not here to talk about The Little Mermaid. Let's talk Island Sunset...

Plant Therapy claims:
For an island feel, you’ll love the sweet, tropical, woodsy aroma of Island Sunset. This is the perfect blend for indulging your senses in when a vacation is out of reach. Cedarwood Himalayan and Copaiba are calming, while Orange Blood and Peru Balsam add a sweet, tropical touch.


I bought the Spring Set and this was one of the oils that came in it. 

It's my least favorite. But I don't exactly hate it. It's limiting in what you can use it for because you can't use it on your skin. So that leaves using it strictly for diffusing. It is a very woodsy scent because of the Cedarwood. In fact, it mostly smells like cedar wood with a slight orange hint to it. 

 I mostly have been using it to diffuse before bed because Cedarwood is a very calming oil and can help you get a better nights sleep. It really does help me settle down before bed. I usually have a hard time falling asleep but this and another oil have been knocking me right out.

It doesn't particularly smell very spring-like to me but since I found a use for it, that's fine. I'm almost through the bottle and I'm thinking I should go ahead and buy a bottle of Cedar wood to replace it with since I really like it for relaxing and sleeping. I feel I can make something similar by adding a drop of orange.

It's a thicker oil . I find that about four drops is enough to permeate most of my room or at least the corner where I sleep.

Overall, I don't think I would purchase it again but I didn't mind using it up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment