Monday, October 21, 2019

James Brown

James Brown. What an entertainer. I could watch his vids all day! 


I'm not really sure where to start...but he's one of my favorite entertainers. I had no idea how great he was until I started watching his live vids on youtube and I was blown away.

My favorite James Brown Song is Say It Loud (I'm Black and I'm Proud). Growing up I struggled a little bit...I wasn't proud of my skin color, or my hair texture etc. It was hard to feel pride in being black when it didn't fit in with Western Beauty standards. I think around the sixth grade, watching shows like Good Times made me slowly start changing my mind. Idk when I first heard the lyrics to this one...but it made think- Hey I'm Black, and I'm PROUD. It was a powerful feeling. 



Quintessential James Brown screaming and the footwork? Out of this world.



The undisputed KING of Funk music.



I love the beginning of this song. IDK anyone who doesn't know this song or doesn't move a little when they hear this. Shake Ya Money Maker....Get Down, James!



This song gets in my head and I will sing it alllll day. Randomly shouting "Get Up Offa That Thing". Make sure you watch the whole thing...



Of course there was another side to him. Soul....I love this song! I hate that they are talking over him singing. Grr.



Of course, I Got The Feelin' is a classic. This isn't a live vid but a compilation of his best footwork. A must watch.



I feel like I Feel Good is the original Happy song.



I've watched this ten minute performance multiple times because it's just that amazing. So talented.



You MUST WATCH THIS CLIP! I love everything about this performance.



You can see where Michael Jackson got some of his moves. I love this song too!



I think this is prolly the second most sampled James Brown song.



Last song I'm posting...Superbad! I didn't mean to post so many vids but they were all necessary!



Other songs I love: Move On

There are many more great James Brown songs but I tried to narrow it down to my favorites. You can't be a hip hop lover without knowing James' work.

And now...I really do love James Brown. But these vids made me laugh til my ribs hurt.





And this meme cause I felt this. No matter what pic you went in, with you ended up with the James Brown press n curl. It happened to me for my high school prom. I was so mad. 😑

No comments:

Post a Comment