Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Out of Africa Vanilla Raw Shea Butter Review


Shea Butter is one of the best moisturizers ever. Any time someone mentions any type of skin problem to me or rash...I'm like "Put some Shea Butter". I'm like the guy from My Big Fat Greek Wedding- I love that movie by the way.



Out of Africa claims:
This natural formula penetrates deeply, to protect, moisturize and nourish your skin, without leaving a greasy residue. It will help shield your skin to prevent premature aging. Shea butter softens all skin, face, lips, elbows, heels or anywhere your skin needs hydration.
  • Excellent for many skin conditions, including dry and sensitive skin, cracked skin, sun burn, chapped lips, cuticles, psoriasis and eczema
  • Softens fine lines and wrinkles and scars
  • Maintains elasticity and tone while it moisturizes and softens the skin.
  • Helps prevent and reduce stretch marks during pregnancy and weight gain and loss
  • Loaded with antioxidants and vitamins along with healthy fatty acids and valuable phytonutrients
  • Our Shea Butter is cold-pressed, no solvents used
Way back in the day I had a vanilla shea butter I ordered from online that I loved. But it wasn't cost effective and the company seems to have disappeared anyway. This product reminds me of that, except this one is much softer. It has the best smoky vanilla smell ever. It really does go well with the natural scent of the Shea Butter. Or at least the Shea in the tin does. The one that comes in the plastic jar doesn't smell as good-which is a bummer because it's a better price. 


The vanilla scent sticks around for quite awhile and nothing makes my feel skin softer. It works for the driest of skin. Some moisturizers really do great for a few hours and then dry up your skin, making you re-apply. This doesn't do that. My skin looks moisturized and healthy all day and all night.


And a little goes a long way so a little tin or jar will last quite awhile! 

Shea Butter is also said to be great for arthritis and inflammatory skin conditions. I used it as a carrier for the essential oils I was using when I had my ankle problems and this worked the best- along with essential oils mixed in to make the discomfort go away. But I used the unscented variety. Can't waste my vanilla scented one for that! 

I like to use it on my face. And in my hair. I get the best shrinkage when I use plain shea in my hair. I just wish the vanilla scent would stick to my strands more. It works the best on dry cuticles and hands but make sure you have time to let it sink in.

I love this stuff so much I have three back up containers. I seem to grab them every time I'm in the BX. 

I want to get my hands on the other varieties. Or learn to make my own scented shea butter!

Highly recommend trying this variety out. At least the tin version. I'm not sure I would get the plastic jar version again. They even look a little different with the tin variety being more yellow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment