Thursday, October 24, 2019

MAC 204 Lash Spoolie Brush Review




Today was one of those days. So I am "stress relief blogging". I really want to get some sleep but I don't think I'm going to get any so......I think today was just one of those days where I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders. I took some of the weight off briefly...but went to pick it back up and found it was heavier than before. But that's OK. My back is strong. I can carry a lot.

Anywhoo...

MAC 204 claims:

a brush that applies mascara products, separates lashes or grooms brows.

A brush that applies mascara products, separates lashes or even grooms brows. This brush has synthetic fibres in a spiral pattern simulating a mascara wand design. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.

I was hoping this brush would solve all my brow problems. I can do eyeshadow, I can apply lipstick....I can't do my brows. Which is a shame because having a nice brow really makes my face. I feel 100% more cute with my brows done. So most of the time I distract by highlighting other parts of my face. 

Anyway...this brush can be used for brows or lashes. I never use it for lashes because all mascara comes with a wand and having to clean this or stick it somewhere where the mascara can't get all over is too much of a hassle.

So I use it to brush my brows into place on the rare occasion I want to fill them in. I usually only do it when I want to look extra nice. The last time I did it was well over the month ago. So that shows just how often I've really used this brush.

To be honest, I think that any old spoolie brush would work. Many eyebrow pencils/kits  come with them. You use them until the product is gone and then you throw it away. Which probably isn't the best thing for the environment. Using something like this that you wash and re-use is better all around.

But for what's it's worth, this feels like a quality spoolie that will last for years to comes. I do wash it every now and again since I do use it to brush my brows up and to soften harsh unblended brow product. It works well for that. I do have a Too Faced mini one that came in a kit I had a couple years ago. I used to use it when it was all I had but it was a mini and kinda annoying to use. I keep it for travel purposes only now.

I'm glad I have this one. Probably not a necessity. But I'm still holding out hope that it turns me into an eyebrow pro. Somehow...someday.

Almsot forgot to note, this brush was made in Japan. And will run you $17. Worth it? Maybe not.

Random:
My bed came Friday!! And I love it....I bought a new blanket, pillow, sheets...and a duvet color. I don't really like the duvet cover...but it was a nice price. I'll prolly change it out later. I want a lime green set, another purple set, and something with grey and teals. But since I've already spent so much on my bed these last couple of month, I'm leaving it alone for awhile. Especially since I do need to eventually buy a dresser, a side table and a desk. Adulting...smh.




No comments:

Post a Comment