Monday, November 25, 2019

Lancome Creme Mousse Confort Comforting Creamy Foaming Cleanser Review



Black Friday/Cyber Monday are coming up. I've been trying to save up for it (and failing)  but there's not really much I need. Except maybe a portable speaker- I've got my eye on the Wonderboom 2. And the newest Just Dance Game. Other than that I just bought a new phone and some new skincare and some new towels and some new perfumes. So I really probably should give the spending a break. I'm trying to decide if I will at least drag myself to the store just to have a look around. I do have a four day weekend so...maybe I should. Either that or take a mini trip to Cologne. I haven't decided yet.

Anyway, today I have another Lancome product to review. 

Lancome claims:
Rich and gentle, this luxurious creamy cleanser delivers a voluptuous foam to melt away makeup, even waterproof, and dissolve impurities. The instantly comforting formula with nourishing Rosehip Oil and soothing Rose de France cleanses skin leaving it soft, supple and satiny-smooth.

Skin looks radiant, feels soft and smooth. Skin is soothed and comforted, with a strengthened moisture barrier to preserve it from dryness.


So first thing I noticed with this cleanser was the scent. It smells like Rose and has a "bubble bath" scent. It's hard to describe but it just reminds me of pouring bubble bath into the tub. I like the scent...it's a nice rose scent. And it is pretty strong. I can smell it lingering around for quite awhile after I wash my face. 

It's more of a cream cleanser as opposed to a bubbly soapy one. The lather is thick. Almost like using a shaving cream to clean your face, unless I'm using too much. But using too little barely cleans my face. I don't think it melts makeup off that well and I always have remnants of makeup left on my face and eye area. I have to double cleanse, which is something I do anyway. First wash to get off the make-up, second lather to clean my skin. I usually find cream cleansers aren't that great at cleaning...and unfortunately this was no exception. 

It's targeted towards dry skin. I have  combination skin and found this to be pretty drying. I didn't find it to be nourishing or comforting. But it didn't break me out. 

The ingredients are scary. Lancome skincare has a bunch of junk in it. 

Ingredients:
AQUA / WATER / EAU, GLYCERIN, SODIUM COCOYL GLYCINATE, MYRISTIC ACID, MONTMORILLONITE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PALMITIC ACID, GLYCOL STEARATE, LAURIC ACID, STEARIC ACID, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE, BUTYLPARABEN, SALICYLIC ACID, TETRASODIUM EDTA, PROPYLPARABEN, p-ANISIC ACID, o-CYMEN-5-OL, ROSA CANINA FRUIT OIL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, TOCOPHEROL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, GERANIOL, FARNESOL, ROSA GALLICA EXTRACT / ROSA GALLICA FLOWER EXTRACT, CI 17200 / RED 33, NELUMBIUM SPECIOSUM EXTRACT / NELUMBIUM SPECIOSUM FLOWER EXTRACT, CI 14700 / RED 4

Before I started writing this review I thought it was an OK cleanser...but looking back at everything I had to say, it's really not that great. Especially when you take into account the full size will run you $27.00. 

You can buy much better cleansers with better ingredients at a better price point. Wouldn't recommend, glad I got the try the deluxe samples, but wouldn't buy. 


Random:
I made blueberry muffins. Look how pretty they came out! I made them mini loaf style.







No comments:

Post a Comment