Sunday, December 1, 2019

Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital Sunscreen Cream SPF 30 Review



I hope everyone has had a chance to take advantage of all the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals. It really is the best time to go shopping and I've seen some amazing deals. I haven't gotten a ton of stuff..but I've done enough shopping in the past few months that I really should give it a break.

Lancome claims:
ontaining a complex of nurturing Vitamins E, B5 and CG plus high potency moisturization, this greaseless formula provides 24-hour hydration. Your skin will look its healthy best and feel touchably soft all day. With Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen and essential antioxidant protection, Bienfait Multi-Vital gives your skin what it needs to help fight the visible effects of environmental skin damage.

Normal to dry skin, even sensitive skin.
Non-comedogenic. Dermatologist-tested for safety.
Recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation.
Made in USA

I'm not a sunscreen wearer. Which is basically the first rule of skincare- apply sunscreen everyday. I'll wear it if it's included in my foundation or if I'm going to go into the sun for extended time and it's going to be really hot. Otherwise, I like to get my summer color. I know it can lead to premature aging, but my grandma got her first wrinkles recently in her 80's and she's never worn sunscreen a day in her life. It's the magic of melanin. My grandma has a really deep skin-tone. My own skin is not as deep as hers but it's still pretty dark,  I'm SPF 15 at all times! 



I should have probably saved this for the summer months but I opened it up, so I figured I would try to use it up. I read that jar moisturizers degrade quickly. 



I use it under makeup in the day time. And unlike the eye cream and the facial cleanser, I actually like it. It's very hydrating and provides the perfect amount of moisture...although I think it might be too heavy for my skin in the summer.

My skin looks very healthy with it on. It seems to make my foundation go on smoother and really stick to my face. After a couple hours it gets glow-y, but not greasy. 

It does have a fragrance. Which does seem to be something people are trying to avoid in skincare these as it can cause sensitivities and is not really needed. I don't have a problem with the scent, I actually like it. It's hard to describe the scent but it's light and pleasant. 

I'm not a fan of the ingredients. It has a lot of stuff in it that I like to avoid, like silicones, alcohol etc. I tend to prefer more natural ingredients or mostly natural ingredients when it comes to skincare. 

Ingredients:
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS 
AVOBENZONE 3%, OCTISALATE 5%, OCTOCRYLENE 7%

COSMETIC INGREDIENTS 
WATER, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, SUCROSE STEARATE, SILICA, POLY C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE, RIBES NIGRUM (BLACK CURRANT) SEED OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, STEARIC ACID, THERMUS THERMOPHILLUS FERMENT, EUGENOL, ETHYLPARABEN, TRIETHANOLAMINE, PALMITIC ACID, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, DIMETHICONOL, PANTHENOL, XANTHAN GUM, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, LINALOOL, OXOTHIAZOLIDINECARBOXYLIC ACID, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, GERANIOL, MORINGA PTERYGOSPERMA SEED EXTRACT, DISODIUM EDTA, CASTANEA SATIVA (CHESTNUT) SEED EXTRACT, ROSA CANINA FRUIT OIL, METHYLPARABEN, CITRONELLOL, HEXYLDECANOL, HEXYLDECYL LAURATE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, FRAGRANCE

I really do like it. But not enough to buy. It's $50 for 1.7 ounces-which is very expensive. And for the sunscreen benefits you are supposed to re-apply at least every two hours. Which means you can really go right through it.


Random: 
My pancakes came out amazing! I don't how how to plate pancakes and make them look amazing but they were really good. I kind of want to put cardamom whipped cream on everything now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment