Sunday, December 1, 2019

Zum Bar Frankincense and Myrrh Goat Milk Soap Review



Happy Sunday! I'm having a late start today...but figured I would fit in a blog post before I get started with my Sunday things. The first things I'm doing is making some buttermilk pancakes, topped with fresh raspberries and I'm going to make some Cardamom whipped cream. Maybe I'll top it with some pecans too. IDK yet. But I can't wait to get started. It's going to be an epic (late) breakfast.

Anyway...soap.




Zum claims:
This ain’t just some crooner from yesteryear. Frankincense & Myrrh tops our charts year after year. It’s a pop fave for its loveable deep notes of sweet that melt into big, sultry hits.

I've tried a couple of the other things in the line such as the bath oil, and the bath salts, I think the body oil might have been my fave. Most Zum products use Essential oils to scent their products, however the Frank and Myrrh line does use fragrance oil. Just something I thought I would note. 

I like to refer to this line as the "Jesus" line because Frank and Myrrh are two of the gifts the wise men brought Jesus and I think both oils have incredible healing powers, although I don't think that is going to carry over into the soap. I think you best bet is the oil but you can probably make a better oil yourself and much cheaper with just essential oil and carrier oils. 


I do really like the scent. It's a powdery, woody, exotic scent. It's really nice.

Zum always makes really cool soaps, this one looks pretty nice. It kind of reminds me of the way Lush Honey I Washed the Kids looks.

The soap itself as with all Zum bars lathers well, and cleans well. Leaves my skin a little dry though, although it's not the most drying I've tried. I think it would be fine in the summer months. But it's not cutting it in the cold weather. 

Ingredients:
Saponified 100% food grade olive, coconut, palm & castor oils, in a goat's milk base, with herbs, essential oils, fragrance oil and aloe. Enjoy!

Overall, I like it. I think it's one of the better soaps in the line.

Now it's time for me to go get started on those pancakes...but I'll be back to post later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment