Thursday, December 26, 2019

Nail Savvy Cuticle Remover Review


I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas (Chrimas!). This is definitely the time of year that I fall off as far as blogging is concerned..so I figured while I wasn't doing much of anything I would crank out a post or two. Starting with nail upkeep. Which is my current obsession. 

I just want to paint and repaint my nails.  I'm a DIYer and prefer to do all my nail upkeep myself. Which includes cuticle care.

I picked up this particular cuticle remover in Sally Beauty Supply when I moved back to the states a couple years ago. My other one got packed up and I needed something in the meantime and this happened to be on sale. So I grabbed it. I can't find much on the company online though. They don't seem to have a website and aren't available at Sally's anymore.

But I figured I would review it anyway. This particular one comes in a nice glass bottle. I previously used the Sally Hansen one which was plastic. I always prefer glass packaging to plastic. So it scores a point there.

As for application..I do prefer a squeeze bottle application as I found "painting this on my cuticles" to be not the best method of application. That's the trade off of glass though. 

Other than that I use it once in a while and find it to be really effective. All other times I'll just push my cuticles back with just an orange stick or cuticle pusher. I only bring out the cuticle remover when my cuticles need it. 

Back in the day..I didn't really understand what a cuticle remover was for. I thought it dissolved the cuticles or some other magic and was disappointed when I would put it on and it didn't seem to do anything. Now I know you're just supposed to push the cuticles off of the nail surface, that way your nails look neater and your polish lasts longer since it's sticking to the nail. When you polish over cuticles it makes your polish wear off quicker.

Thought I would include that in the review just in case anyone was struggling like I did with that concept. 

Anyway...I really like it. Is it neccessary? Probably not, you can achieve similar results just pushing back the cuticle after a shower, or using an oil. Unless you have really stubborn overgrown cuticles. But they have better removers in Sally's for that. I know a lot of people really like the Blue Cross one and the Sally Hansen one that you can find in almost every drugstore in the US is decent. 

Overall...I do really like it. It has it's place in my collection.

What's your favorite cuticle remover? Do you upkeep your cuticles?

Let me know in the comments! 


No comments:

Post a Comment