Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Plant Therapy Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil Review



I love Grapefruit. When I was in college and started driving... I would buy a couple of bags a week and eat about 3-4 a day. It's crazy that I love them now because when I was younger I hated them.  Some of them were so bitter but sometimes you get a really sweet one which makes all the bitter ones worth it!  

Of course, since I love the fruit I also love the oil! 

Plant Therapy claims:
In our opinion, there is no better oil than the “sparkle” of Grapefruit Pink to lighten up mental fatigue and moodiness. Grapefruit Pink oil can be used in a 1% dilution as a purifier of congested, oily and blemish prone skin and is sometimes added to carrier oil or creams and lotions as a natural toner.

Grapefruit oil can cause photosensitivity. To avoid this, we recommend a dilution no higher than 4% or 36 drops of oil per ounce of carrier oil.

Source: USA, South Africa 

The smell of grapefruit is so uplifting. It really does seem to brighten my mood. Even if you aren't a fan of the fruit I highly recommend the oil. 

I haven't used it hardly any DIYs. I tried to make a grapefruit body scrub but I let it sit so long the oils in it kind of went rancid. I need to try it again because I know I have used some amazing grapefruit bath and body care- such as the  Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Oil Free Acne Wash and the wipes,  The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Butter- Shower Gel, Burt's Bees Grapefruit Lip Balm, and Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit Perfume,  It seems like it really might be worth attempting to make  my own. 

I know it's great for oily skin and toning but ....I haven't tried it in a face serum either. I think I might give it a try in the summer. 

I've mostly stuck to diffusing it. I love how it mixes so well with other oils I have in my collection. I love diffusing it with Rosemary, Vanilla, or Lime. It's nice with Lavender. Now that I think about it, I should try diffusing it with some other oils I have in my collection- I bet it would be nice with Ylang Ylang or Geranium oil. 

I've gone through a 10 ml bottle of the Plant Therapy version- which is my favorite version I've tried. I had a brand from Amazon before and another one from a cosmetic supplying company. But they were really weak compared to the Plant Therapy. I saw I was running low and already replaced it with the 1 ounce bottle. But I'm thinking I probably should have bought the 3.3 ounce....

Highly recommended! 

Random:
Look at my orchid...thriving! I don't have the best luck with plants but I bought an orchid a few weeks ago and it's still so pretty. I'm thinking I might pick up a couple more plants like Aloe etc.





No comments:

Post a Comment