Thursday, February 27, 2020

Out Of Africa Lavender Shea Butter Body Oil Review



Today is a great day! It was a snow day...so I was off today which means four day weekend for me. I booked my flight to Jamaica yesterday....I'm extra excited because I NEED a vacation. So I figured since I'm stuck in the house, may as well blog.

Out of Africa claims:

Lavender Shea Butter Body Oil also includes Vitamin E – For Radiant, Healthy, and Glowing Skin 100% Natural

Lavender – Calming and soothing, helps relieve stressEssential oils from the sunny fields of Provence
Our body oils contain pure, unrefined shea butter and are infused with avocado, sweet almond and olive oil. These oils will glide on smoothly and penetrate deeply into your skin without ever feeling greasy or sticky.
Naturally rich in vitamins and antioxidants A, E, and F, they provide the ultimate nourishing, hydrating and anti-aging benefits. Your skin will feel incredibly  soft and supple!
For spa like treatment, place bottle under warm/hot water and shake well before use. Best to use after bath or shower while skin is still damp, and smooth on a few drops to seal in the moisture.

I'm using a lot of Lavender stuff at the moment...and just finished another brands Lavender Body Oil. Lavender everywhere. It's one of the most popular scents for natural body care and is dominating my bathroom right now.

I saw  this oil for a while and always planned to try it. It is on the pricier side at around $15 for a bottle. Especially since lavender body oil is something you can make yourself on the cheap. This one is not so easy to replicate since it does have Shea Butter and I mix a lot of my own oils but will probably never attempt to make one with actual Shea Butter. I don't even know how you go about making a liquid oil with Shea Butter.

It is on the thicker side due to the Shea Butter. It still spreads easily however. And absorbs easily enough. And when I really take the time to massage it in, make my skin super soft! It would probably be an amazing massage oil.

The scent is a different Lavender than the one I just used from Weleda. It smells more true to actual Lavender..with some underlying Shea scent. Which may not be everyones cup of tea...but I LOVE it. 

As always...all natural! It has heavier, more moisturizing oils in it so it's perfect for drier skin. 

Ingredients:
ORGANIC SHEA BUTTER, AVOCADO OIL, OLIVE OIL, SWEET ALMOND OIL, VITAMIN E, LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL

The brand is cruelty free, handcrafted, sustainably sourced, and according to the website the brand supports several women's cooperatives, and helps to create jobs in West Africa. Also a portion of proceeds help provide education as well as medical care to children in West Africa.

Overall, I'm a fan. I could see myself buying it again and recommending it. If I can find it, I think I'm going to pick up the vanilla one next! 


No comments:

Post a Comment